Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weber collects Naismith Coach of Year

ATLANTA (Ticker) - Bruce Weber of Illinois was named winner of the Naismith Men's College Coach of the Year award on Thursday.

Weber has guided the Fighting Illini to a school-record 34 wins against just one loss and both the Big Ten Conference regular season and tournament championships. They will play Wisconsin-Milwaukee in the Chicago Region semifinals at Allstate Arena on Thursday night.

Weber will be honored as the Iba Award winner, also a coach of the year award, by the United States Basketball Writers Association during the NCAA Tournament's Final Four weekend at the Missouri Athletic Club.

The Atlanta Tipoff Club will present Weber with the Naismith Award on April 8.

"Coach Weber has done an outstanding job this season and throughout his career," Atlanta Tipoff Club president Gary Stokan said. "He has dedicated his life to coaching and is truly deserving of this honor."

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
It could be Coach K - admittedly he has done a good job with what I consider a cast that does not have the talent for a #1 seed.

(I will not beat myself over the head several times for giving praise to ratface)

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Bo Ryan...Bruce Pearl....BIAS!! LOL JK...but Coach K and Al Skinner, and Lorenzo Romar have good cases for Coach of the Year, but I also think Bruce Pearl was the obvious choice here.......

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
DHarris34Phan said:
Bo Ryan...Bruce Pearl....BIAS!! LOL JK...but Coach K and Al Skinner, and Lorenzo Romar have good cases for Coach of the Year, but I also think Bruce Pearl was the obvious choice here.......
Bruce Weber is just a tremendous coach. You only have to look at the Southern Illinois program to see that. Well deserved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts