Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Excuse me, while I twist the knife your teams front office has put in you.

It all started in 1980, when your team traded Robert Parrish and Kevin McHale for Joe Barry Carrol. :laugh:

In 83 drafted Russel Cross with Clyde on the board. :laugh:

In 1986 drafted Chris Washburn. Anyboy left on the board would have been better. :laugh:

In 1987 drafted Tellis Frank with Mark Jackson still on board. :laugh:

In 88 drafted Mitch Richmond:D too bad you later traded him for Billy Owens:laugh:

With the 28th pick in the 1990 draft you drafted Les Jespen. One pick later went Toni Kukoc:sour:

In 93 you pulled off a deal that sent Penny to Orlando and you got Weber. Too bad you traded Webber for Tom Gugliotta. Then traded Tom for Donyell Marshall. Then traded Donyell Marshall for Danny Fortson.:eek:

In 1995 you drafted Joe Smith #1 overrall!:laugh:

With the 11th pick in the 96 draft you picked Todd Fuller with Kobe, Peja, Steve Nash, and Jermaine O'Neal still on board.
:laugh:

With the 8th pick in the 97 draft, you picked Adonal Foyle. One pick later went Tracy McGrady!:laugh:

In 98 you drfted Carter and sent him and cash to Toronto for Antawn Jamison. :confused:

So lets review all of the great players that COULD have been on your team: Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Clyde Drexler, Mark Jackson, Mitch Richmond, Toni kukoc, Chris Webber, Antonio McDyess, Jerry Stackhouse, Rasheed Wallace, Kobe Bryant, Peja Stojakovic, Steve Nash, Jermaine O'Neal, Tracy McGrady, and last but not least Vince Carter.

·
Registered
553 Posts
You like to watch grown men cry, don't ya!

We know all too well what has happened... and we'd like it if you don't remind us.

:D

·
Registered
268 Posts
IS this trash coming from a Clippers fan? Wow that takes some juevos.. Dont worry clipper lover, the last two drafts have done the Warriors well and we will soon kick the Clippers @ss's again.
let's go back twenty years on any teams' draft history and I bet there are busts everywhere. It's a crapshoot no matter what anyone says.:devil:

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's all Don Nelson's fault! The Warriors have been cursed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You forgot some some...

After Spree chokes Carlisimo, the Warriors traded Sprewell to the Knicks in order to keep Carlisimo as head coach. Carlisimo still left the following year.

The Warriors traded their #10 draft pick in '99 for Mookie Blaylock. Jason Terry was selected at #10.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I know with all the previous GM screw ups, but can't we just turn the page

I know the past people in the W's head offices screwed up.. but can't we just turn the page of screw up's and just start a new page that makes us forget about the past 5 or 6 years.. come on people.. look at the past 2 drafts that we got..
J-rich - very good potential
:)
ARENAS- Vinney Johnson type high enegry player, not a true point, but can handle the rock and is still learning. Can score when needed.:)

T-muphy- A big man that can shoot from outside, can rebound, just needs more time and stregth training.:)

Now you add this years crop
Mike-D - I'm going out on a limb, but he is a bird type player. Can shoot, can handle the ball, can pass and most important has real basketball IQ,:)

Jiri- This cat has played 4-5 of pro ball in Europe, meaning he can step in a contribute right away, 6-6 combo guard that has handles, extremely good shooting, shot 65% FG ( READ THAT PEOPLE ) can play point and has skills
:)

Steve Logan- Though only 5'10" or so.. can play the point real well, watched him when he was a cinci' The kid can ball.:)

Just add them to TWAN, and let them create some TEAM CHEMISTRY, and get rid of the unwanted and don't want to be hear players and you have a recipe for a team ready to come into its own.

Remember after next year, Sura and Mills' contracts are up.. freeing MILLIONS... read that..
So that is why I am optemistic about the W's.. I know it hurts watching them every year... but this is OUR team... the bayarea's ONLY basketball team.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think we all want to be optimistic Nismo but Chris Cohan makes that difficult. Why do you think Mullin is not taking a job with the W's? Cohan hosed him is my guess. Now he is talking about bringing in St Jean's retread coach from Sacto (jordan) who absolutely sucks. The draft has been going well but I really wish Cohan would be a hands-off owner instead of a meddling idiot.

Despite all that, I think the team is on the upswing... Positive vibe is in order...

·
Registered
268 Posts
that would be ultimate. Maybe he has a rich buddy that wants to get into a franchise?? how awesome would that be. Bye bye mr. cohan! You can go back to being a cable monopolist and leave the warriors to regain their greatness.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Warriors are the Dallas Mavaricks of the 90s. But at least, we're not the Cavaliers, who's situation looks pretty crappy right now. We had JRich to throw down dunks, and while Andre Miller is a good PG, the Cav's offense is a snoozefest.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sir I Gotta Go</b>!
Excuse me, while I twist the knife your teams front office has put in you.

It all started in 1980, when your team traded Robert Parrish and Kevin McHale for Joe Barry Carrol. :laugh:

In 83 drafted Russel Cross with Clyde on the board. :laugh:

In 1986 drafted Chris Washburn. Anyboy left on the board would have been better. :laugh:

In 1987 drafted Tellis Frank with Mark Jackson still on board. :laugh:

In 88 drafted Mitch Richmond:D too bad you later traded him for Billy Owens:laugh:

With the 28th pick in the 1990 draft you drafted Les Jespen. One pick later went Toni Kukoc:sour:

In 93 you pulled off a deal that sent Penny to Orlando and you got Weber. Too bad you traded Webber for Tom Gugliotta. Then traded Tom for Donyell Marshall. Then traded Donyell Marshall for Danny Fortson.:eek:

In 1995 you drafted Joe Smith #1 overrall!:laugh:

With the 11th pick in the 96 draft you picked Todd Fuller with Kobe, Peja, Steve Nash, and Jermaine O'Neal still on board.
:laugh:

With the 8th pick in the 97 draft, you picked Adonal Foyle. One pick later went Tracy McGrady!:laugh:

In 98 you drfted Carter and sent him and cash to Toronto for Antawn Jamison. :confused:

So lets review all of the great players that COULD have been on your team: Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Clyde Drexler, Mark Jackson, Mitch Richmond, Toni kukoc, Chris Webber, Antonio McDyess, Jerry Stackhouse, Rasheed Wallace, Kobe Bryant, Peja Stojakovic, Steve Nash, Jermaine O'Neal, Tracy McGrady, and last but not least Vince Carter.
Why the hell did this guy get banned? That's pretty funny. Sorry W fans. You guys talk about the future.... and then Arenas walks, Twan gets traded. And the cycle repeats itself. Glad I'm not a GSW fan!

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mindnsoul</b>!
The Warriors are the Dallas Mavaricks of the 90s. But at least, we're not the Cavaliers, who's situation looks pretty crappy right now. We had JRich to throw down dunks, and while Andre Miller is a good PG, the Cav's offense is a snoozefest.
Huh??? Oh man this is old, real old.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts