Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I have a suggestion on the colors....Dark Purple, Silver and Gold I'll throw up a sample in a few minutes

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
vigilante said:
Is it just me, or does that look 100X better than purple and gold!?
Personally, and this is just an unconnected thought, I think we should stick to lighter colors (like the "DraftScope" logo a few posts up). I was just thinking that the popular site, that being NBADraft.net, tends to use dark colors. I'd like to differentiate us from that.

That's the same reason I don't want to use the word "Draft" in the site name. DraftCity, DraftDaily, NBADraft, etc. I'd like to use something different so we can't be clumped in and forgotten. Picks, Prospects, Futures, and whatnot are names that I'd rather use.

But, that's just me.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
You may be right about the name prospect express may be too similar to draft express, but what is the difference in that and using draft in the name? We have three new sites with "draft" in the them. We had other sites fold with "draft" in them. Ownthedraft, draftCity, NBADraftreport,

I can see the logic of Matthews request. Do we want to stand out from the rest of the other Draft sites? Then we need a catchy name, one people can remember!

As for color, I like the purple and gold that Schilly put up the first time.

IMO, if we go black and red and use white as the font color, when people finish reading our site and go to the messageboard, a shock to the eyes occur and people will need to adjust their eyes. To me, that is a annoyance that should be avoided. So I am against the black and red. But that is me.

Let's think of a serious name by Monday!! One with out draft and Schilly recommends a name without express in it.

I know can do it.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
prospect roundup.

I know some of these may suck, just throwing out different words in hopes one of us hit the right combination

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I liketeh term "primer" cause the site would be getting people ready "Priming" them for the draft...

An obvious choice would be
"Prospect Primer"
But it's too long, and P P isn't a good combo....

Ok here's going on a limb but NBA rookies are looking to make a splash....
"NBA Splash Source"

"Prospect Source"

This is tough, it's too easy to come up with generic drab names, I'll give it more thought

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
I really like Prospectscope.

My ideas:

Rookie(s) Glimpse
rookie snipes
Prospects preview
mock basketball (? wow pretty bad)

My personal favorite of my 4 are prospects preview. I am really not good at these things though.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts