Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for curiosity sakes....

I would say these are the 4 front runners, based on reaction and discussion.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey guys I don't mean to be a party pooper but the NBA will really get pissed at us perhaps even locking us out of a couple events like the CHicago predraft camp if we choose the name nba futures. Aran has been through hell with the NBA constanly going to court over the site's name and even worst still till this day has a poor relationship with the NBA. I highly suggest that we come up with and use a site name that doesn't include NBA in it!!!!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Matthew Maurer said:
Hey guys I don't mean to be a party pooper but the NBA will really get pissed at us perhaps even locking us out of a couple events like the CHicago predraft camp if we choose the name nba futures. Aran has been through hell with the NBA constanly going to court over the site's name and even worst still till this day has a poor relationship with the NBA. I highly suggest that we come up with and use a site name that doesn't include NBA in it!!!!
BasketballFutures?

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
so this brings us back to Prospects or prospectsrus.

I personally think "New Legends" would not be right because obviouslu the majority of the players will not be legends.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
vigilante said:
Wow, we need more options than that. IMO those two names are terrible. Not trying to be mean or anything, but I don't think those names stand out at all.
I understand that. We have been trying to get a name for five or six days now. EVERYONE has an opinion, that is a problem.

That is why i am narrowing it down. You need to understand that even if the majority of you agree on a name, someone will not! similar to your objection now. We cannot keep talking about a name. We have talked long enough. That is why I narrowed it down.

You understand what I am getting at? Lets say you had a new name. 3 people liked it and we went with that name, two or three could voice their displeasure. So to be fair to them, we would have to allow their opinion to be heard and vote, yet again!

Prospects, is different. I gave all of you 5 or 6 days to decide. Nothing outstanding came out of it. I personally liked NBAFutures, but since I am one of the owners of the site, I do not want to go through court with the NBA.

Tonight is the deadline. You can't say it has not been fair, it has been. We have had more than enough time!

You can mention another name. But it is late in the game to do so.

We need to get the site going, now.

So, propects? prospectsrus?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
truebluefan said:
I understand that. We have been trying to get a name for five or six days now. EVERYONE has an opinion, that is a problem.

That is why i am narrowing it down. You need to understand that even if the majority of you agree on a name, someone will not! similar to your objection now. We cannot keep talking about a name. We have talked long enough. That is why I narrowed it down.

You understand what I am getting at? Lets say you had a new name. 3 people liked it and we went with that name, two or three could voice their displeasure. So to be fair to them, we would have to allow their opinion to be heard and vote, yet again!

Prospects, is different. I gave all of you 5 or 6 days to decide. Nothing outstanding came out of it. I personally liked NBAFutures, but since I am one of the owners of the site, I do not want to go through court with the NBA.

Tonight is the deadline. You can't say it has not been fair, it has been. We have had more than enough time!

You can mention another name. But it is late in the game to do so.

We need to get the site going, now.

So, propects? prospectsrus?
I understand, and it is unfortunate because I feel that those two names aren't very appealing.

Like you said it is late in the game to suggest a new name, but it goes hand in hand with NBAFutures; BasketballFutures?

Prospects is just way too plain, and Prospects R Us isn't 'professional' enough.

BasketballFutures sounds perfect to me, and I feel that should be the name, as it is much better than those two prospect names.

Sorry for rebelling against the names like this, but I just really, really don't like those two prospect names, and think the site would be much better off with another name.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Instead of talking about the name, where are we with the content?
The name is not really that important. if we have good content, even an "unserious" name does not hurt that much.
The NBA problem is for sure a big one, so we cannot go with NBA in the name.
Lets take prospects or basketball-prospects or even bball-prospects and lets start working

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
You are not rebelling. I want you to speak up.

another way to look at this is, someone types in prospects in search engines, guess whose name will come up?

·
Registered
82 Posts
some who searches not types only prospects i think but at least NBA prospects or NBA Draft prospect?
i think we should add basketball or something in relation with the NBA to the title to show what sport we are talking about

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Search engines don't necessarily combine the terms you type..

Prospects.com sounds perfect to me..SImple to the point and not limiting if we choose to expand.

We can have a slogan that brings it to hoops, somehitng like

"Your guide to Basketballs up and coming players"

Or something

I don't want to cause a rift, but I havce one more thought..

HoopHopefuls.com...OK I said it now ignor it.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
hoophopefuls? hmmmm.

I like your slogan by the way.

Prospects, does leave the door open for other things, for instance, college prospects or even maybe NFL. though we have not talked about that. We are concentrating on hoops for now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts