Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Harpring to the Jazz thing sounds pretty legit. Where does that leave the Bulls?

I can recall 3 rumors-

D. Marshall - if the Jazz sign Harpring, I've gotta believe Donyell is changing venues

S. Cassell - Feels like a bad fit to me

T. Kukoc - Better fit, but very short-term

I haven't seen much of Marshall. Seems like he's ticked off someone in Utah. I don't know much about him. I know he shoots a high %. What kind of defender is he? Is he a "head case?" How much does he want?

Sorry to be so ignorant.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>transplant</b>!
The Harpring to the Jazz thing sounds pretty legit. Where does that leave the Bulls?

I can recall 3 rumors-

D. Marshall - if the Jazz sign Harpring, I've gotta believe Donyell is changing venues

S. Cassell - Feels like a bad fit to me

T. Kukoc - Better fit, but very short-term

I haven't seen much of Marshall. Seems like he's ticked off someone in Utah. I don't know much about him. I know he shoots a high %. What kind of defender is he? Is he a "head case?" How much does he want?

Sorry to be so ignorant.
ignorant? I think not. How will you ever get answers if you dont ask the questions? I dont have answers. So i will wait for someone else to give them

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Marshall

The only thing that worries me is his fg% has only been good in Utah. What gives? Unless he's a late developer.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Marshall played for the Warriors my first year in the Bay Area.

My Scouting report:
He has a ton of talent and never quite seem to live up to it. He glides around a little bit like Rose. He has a heck of a three point shot for his size and is pretty versitle. He's a good rebounder and played ok D if only b/c of his super long arms. He can play both forward positions about equally well. He is better than average offensively and on the glass and maybe a little below average defensively. The Warriors were terrible with no point guards. So his FG% was worse than it should have been. Consequently, with Utah, his % is probably a bit better than it would be in Chicago at least initially.

I think he would be a good pickup for the Bulls for a 2 year contract. For a longer term contract, I don't know.

In looking at Utah castoffs, Scott Pollard might be a nice and cheaper alternative.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts