Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"We are making an effort and we have made it known to people that we are willing to deal," Nash said. "But we have also made it known that we are not conducting a fire sale. I expect that as we get closer to the deadline, teams will make their best offer. It's my experience that the best and final offers are made in the final moments."

......"The bottom line is we are not satisfied with the offers made, nor are we satisfied with the rejections we have gotten," Nash said. "We proposed a lot of trades that have been turned down by other teams in the league. Those same teams may come back and change their position. It's a process."

Nash would not comment on which Blazers players have been offered in trade scenarios, but he acknowledged that Rasheed Wallace has been the center of several conversations.

....."But because of the size of Rasheed's contract ($17 million), his is not an easy deal to make. It would probably have to involve a multiplayer deal. Look, we don't want to trade Rasheed if it's a bad trade. We don't want to trade any player if it's a bad trade. But we have not made a decision on what we intend to do in the future (with Wallace). But obviously, we are going to have to make that decision in the not too distant future."

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
...But we have also made it known that we are not conducting a fire sale...."
Very good indeed :rock:

Nash... this banana dance is for you

:banana: :cbanana: :gbanana:

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
after comments like these, sheed must real happy to give his all to the blazers...
All the more reason to trade him then....

Seriously, it is a piss poor excuse for players to blame trade rumours for there lackluster play. If you don't want to be traded then let it be known that you don't , and play like you want to stay.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Kmurph</b>!
Seriously, it is a piss poor excuse for players to blame trade rumours for there lackluster play. If you don't want to be traded then let it be known that you don't , and play like you want to stay.
Exactly...I couldn't agree more. I've been a big Sheed fan for a long time now. I have always looked past his negative actions over the years but something needs to be done now. I hope Portland can get a good deal for him. I don't want to see him dealt for garbage. His play during the T'Pup game was a joke. I hope they can deal Damon out as well.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Sheed is one of my favourite players, but I'm also starting to think he needs to go. He clearly isn't happy with the situation, and the management wants him gone, no matter what they say.

"But we have not made a decision on what we intend to do in the future (with Wallace)".
yeah right...

I wouldn't call these Nash's comments rumors, and since sheed has been shopped since the management changed, it has to have some effect on him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts