Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Duncan's injury and looking like the Suns will get and hold on to the #1 spot, and the Mavs almost locked into the #4 spot, if both the Suns and the Mavs advance then they would face each other in the second round.

Now depending the outcome, it could be a Nellie and Nash: "I told you so", or a final victory for Mark (running out Nash and Nellie). Damn, the "Basketball Gods" love the Mavs, don't they.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm praying for a Mavs vs Suns matchup in the 2nd round.

1) In a 7 game series I think we can beat them.

2) I'm hoping, even though I like Nash, that our pg's do what Bibby, Jackson, and Parker have done to him in the past. Then the Steve Nash love fest can die down a bit.

3) The hype around that series will be incredible!!

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
From a viewer's standpoint, I would absolutely love to see a Mavericks/Suns series. That would be great viewing material. Plus, there's the Nash/Mavericks storyline to go along with it, along with the fact that these two teams have been compared so much.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
I've said it most of the year long, the Suns will get bounced 2nd roun because of their style of play

Hopefully, the Mavs are the team that bounces Phoenix, and Nash is left crying because we go on to win the championship

·
Registered
427 Posts
That would be an epic matchup. The media hype around that series would be incredible. I would expect the Mavs to win that series because of depth and more experience.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Who is to say that the Suns will even get through the 1st round, when they play either the Grizzlies or the Nuggets who are teams that can play D. If I remember correctly defence is what gets a team through the playoffs. Also by the way the Nuggets are playing they would very likely catch the Grizzlies and they are a decent team and could be a real challenge to beat in the 1st round as they have beaten a full strength Spurs team at the SBC (Memephis) about a month ago. So in retrospect I think the chances of the Suns moving forward into the 2nd round is 50/50 IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts