Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing I'm not thrilled about Nash is that he's a little too open to the public about what he's doing and deals he's looking at. The players cannot stay focused with this going on.

The thing I liked about Whitsitt is that he was great at keeping things secret. He was shrewd. Nash seems to be going out of his way to win back the fans who didn't like Bob's aloof style by telling us everything. It's obviously effecting team morale.

Here's a scary thought. Maybe he's purposely sabotaging the team's success so that we drop low enough to get a high lottery pick.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Goldmember</b>!
Here's a scary thought. Maybe he's purposely sabotaging the team's success so that we drop low enough to get a high lottery pick.
Don't think he's that conniving.

barfo

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Goldmember</b>!

It's scary, because it'd be a moronic ploy.

The Suns know how to go for high lottery picks... heck, the Cavs(by dumping Lamond Murray and Wesley Person) and Nuggets (by dumping NVE and Raef) have laid a blueprint for it.

I don't think emotionally emasculating the team to kill morale is a good idea :)

Ed O.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Well I for one am lost as to what the hell is going on here! I may not like Sheed but I don't underestimate nor have I at how good he can be. It's to bad the Isiah may get to reep the rewards of his skills.

Sheed could blow up in the east, I don't think he'll ever do it here and that's sad.

Nash I sure hope you have a real deal in the works instead of this mess. This may be your defining moment in Ptown.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I don't mind Nash commenting on deals that are dead, which i think is most often the case. The only trade he has made was to acquire person which was a surprise to me and i don't think he leaked any info there. I think the difference between nash and whitsitt is nash seems willing to respond indirectly to questions from media, creating doubt and a grey area to interperit answers the way you want them to be.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
It's interesting.

I had lunch with Gym Rat yesterday and we happened to be discussing this very subject - the fact that Nash seems to be so "open" about some of his thoughts and potential actions.

We concluded that, yes, it's a pretty good thing and certainly a far cry from the seeming arrogance and secretive behaviour that Bob Whitsitt tended to employ.

However, I do think that it could be potenially problameatic, as well - especially right now.

One of the observations that Charles Barkley shared last night was, "Just look at Rasheed Wallace. He is playing like he's gonna be traded."

That blurb kinda gave me a little lump in my throat................

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Nash is in a bad spot. This team not only gets terrible press, but now it's also about how they are playing! Nash doesn't want to be the only GM in decades not to take Portland to the playoffs which is exactly what's going to happen!

Thus all this bad trade talk. He's looking for a quick fix. It's harder to say this team is bad and poorly coached and start from the top down.

This is a very tough coast and Mo is showing why he should be in the east. In the west your coach better know what he's doing cause the comp here will expose you fast if you are learning on the job.

Nash needs to start looking at the real problem before trading players for chemistry issues. No team has chemistry if they are lost just running the damn plays.

Sheed may be traded but this team will still be looking to run a offense that works and still be trying to play defense.

Sure all the cancers may be gone, but than the glaring problem will be exposed, we don't have a coach.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no longer a huge Sheed fan but this team is lost on more levels than just him.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!
Nash needs to start looking at the real problem before trading players for chemistry issues. No team has chemistry if they are lost just running the damn plays.
This again brings up the question of weather the Blazers aren't running plays because Cheeks is a bad coach or the players either are too stupid to run the plays or just decide they don't feel like it, which, again, starts with the PG.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ThatBlazerGuy</b>!
I say trade Sheed in a 3 way with NY and Cleveland where we get back Big Z, Sweetney, Frankey and a draft pick
What is the Cavs getting back for the max contract they are parting with in Z?

-Petey

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I don't think Nash can be blamed for where the team is. There is no gurantee that Pippen would have stayed if Whitsitt had stayed. Same thing with Sabas. THe team that is out there (except Person) was assembled by Bob Whitsitt. The copach that is out there was hired by Bob Whitsitt. Nash and Patterson are trying to pick up the pieces of an organization that was fracturing. That is no easy chore.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
That's true Schilly but when all is said and done right or wrong Nash will be thought of as the GM that the Blazers didn't go to the playoffs with.

You can hear TNT, ESPN and others all highlighting that very point and the so called turmoil that is sure to follow.

Fair journalism does not go hand and hand with this team. I think Nash knows that and ideas like Sheed for Van Horn are being tossed around.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
trivia time

OK.. who was the GM and Coach the last time the Blazers did not make the playoffs?

:D

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Re: trivia time

Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!
OK.. who was the GM and Coach the last time the Blazers did not make the playoffs?

:D
Ramsay and Buckwalter? Or was it Glickman?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts