Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who don't know, in the Sonics vs. Laker game Nate McMillan tried to steal the ball from Kobe Bryant. He didn't just stand still and stick his hand out, he got low in a defensive position and took a fierce swipe at the ball while Kobe was near the sidelines. This has got to go down in as one of the most bizarre things in my 15+ years of watching basketball.

It got me thinking though, what if this had taken place in the 2nd half and the game was closer; you've got Nate on the side, Kobe gets a screen, goes around, stops with his back facing Nate, Kobe goes up for the potential game-winning shot, and Nate, realizing the Lakers have just set up the perfect play to get a wide open look, jumps up and fly-swats it away.... What then? A technical? Is that it?

Seriously, what's to stop a coach from doing something like this? I know Nate did what he did out of frustration over what he felt was a missed call, but I felt he should've been tossed out for it. To me this ranks right up there with Bill Walton throwing his shoe up in the air to block a shot, but damn, at least Bill was an actual PLAYER in the game.

Overall though I thought it was hilarious.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
I Laughed my *** off. :rotf:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
that was pretty funny,i laughed really hard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts