Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
I like the part about Martell losing his confidence. I mean could it have anything to do with the fact he get's yanked after one mistake, but the vets play through their mistakes?

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm also concerned about jerking guys out too soon. i rewatched the 4th quarter of the disaster in New Jersey and Jack got about 3 minutes and Martell about three minutes. this seems crazy, expecially when Dixon is out and there should be some minutes for these guys. I think i would even think about playing Blake as shooting guard only, temporarily, since i think Jack needs a lot of time at point guard. I'd start Telfair and Blake and then later bring in Jack and Martell. I think Khyrapa gets pulled too soon also if he misses a couple shots. Khyrapa has a great all-around game except for his shooting, so let him stay in and learn to shoot in a game situation.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Yep yep. I believe putting a player out there for only a couple of minutes does nothing to help. All it does is put them out there long enough to try to get into the flow of the game and then get yanked by the time they are starting to feel comfortable.

The other thing I have a problem with is he put Voshon Leanard out there, and the played absolutely pitiful basketball. He was many times worse then what we had out there, and the game was actually still within reach. I would much rather a Martell or Jack be out there to get take their lumps and learning how to win a game rather then that POS wasting time on the floor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.