Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Sexy Moderator
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nate Robinson is about an inch shorter than Larry Brown. Regardless, the diminutive rookie finally has begun to grow on the hard-to-please coach.

After being inactive for eight games following the Steve Francis trade, Robinson has gotten a chance to play lately because of Quentin Richardson's sprained thumb. Brown, who once called Robinson "a highlight film" instead of a basketball player, has been impressed with the 5-9 guard in the last four games, two of which were Knicks wins.

"I love what he's done," Brown said after practice yesterday at the MSG Training Center. "[Sunday] he got a little bit carried away, but he's getting better every day. He's gotten better every day in practice. And it shows when he plays. He's more under control, he understands more. It's been terrific to watch him progress like that."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/printedition/ny-spknix214670464mar21,0,4910853,print.story?coll=ny-sports-print

· I'm too sexy for ya.
2,089 Posts
It seemed like a good deal to bench him, to let him know his minutes are guaranteed and the only way to get them is to earn them by playing hard. We should do that with Channing too, I mean it's not his fault, but if it worked for Nate, then we should try it with Channing.

· Sexy Moderator
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WTChan said:
I'm still waiting for free agency, then Seattle is gonna sign him. When's his rookie contract over?
His contract is up during the 2009-2010 season if we pick up two team options during that time. You're looking at getting him for the 2010-2011 season. :laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.