Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sam Amick

Back from vacation & free agency continues: the agent for Nate Robinson, Aaron Goodwin, says the veteran point guard will sign with Chicago today "barring unforeseen problems." Robinson averaged 11.2 points (42.4 percent shooting overall), 23.5 minutes, 1.2 steals and a career-high 4.5 assists per game with Golden State last season. Assuming the signing takes place, this will be the 28-year-old's fifth team since the 2009-10 campaign (NY, Boston, Oklahoma City, Golden State and the Bulls).

http://sulia.com/source/S-245111/

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aggrey Sam ‏@CSNBullsInsider
On vacation in Cali, but I can confirm that Nate Robinson will be a Bull, per 3 sources with knowledge of the situation.

Further confirmation.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Could have done worse I suppose. I still remember the Shrek and Donkey game from 2010.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
First thing to get me excited about watching Chicago this season ; if Thibs plays him, he's going to be a lot of fun with Rose out

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
There is our scoring off the bench. To an extent, we have improved our bench scoring this season with the signed players - so far. Belinelli, Robinson, Radmanovic, and soon Hinrich are good scorers.

I may be a minority, but I think we may have a better bench than last year's once it is all said and done.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Improved bench scoring? Yes!

Improved impact on wins? Hmmm.

We did what we did. Nate should be fun. Seems like we're after McGrady, too? And M. Thomas? Wonder what's up.

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
Improved bench scoring? Yes!

Improved impact on wins? Hmmm.

We did what we did. Nate should be fun. Seems like we're after McGrady, too? And M. Thomas? Wonder what's up.
I might have pushed it by saying a better bench. I do agree with you about impact on wins. We had guys who knew their exact roles. I am not sure about the current group. I think we will miss Asik more than we think especially if Noah is hurt. The GM actually did a great job filling the bench while maintaining the team's financial flexibility.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I agree, PD.

given the constraints, this ain't too bad. But it's a total remake, so who knows how it will actually go down?

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Good deal. I was never a big fan of Nate but this is actually a pretty good situation for him. He can play sparkplug scorer off the bench, like a better version of John Lucas.

It also means Marquis Teague will be riding pine all season.

The new bench mob is smaller and worse defensively, but I like the improved scoring they'll bring.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I don't know. JLIII will never sniff a starting role in the NBA. Nate seems like a significant upgrade for the role. Honestly, probably better than CJ Watson, in spurts anyway.

Go Bulls!

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good deal. I was never a big fan of Nate but this is actually a pretty good situation for him. He can play sparkplug scorer off the bench, like a better version of John Lucas.

It also means Marquis Teague will be riding pine all season.

The new bench mob is smaller and worse defensively, but I like the improved scoring they'll bring.

With Rose out for an extended period, I'm glad the team has added some more scorers. Heck, with Rose around, I'm glad to have a little extra scoring punch to take some pressure off. The Bulls still have enough pieces to be an excellent defensive team.

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
With Rose out for an extended period, I'm glad the team has added some more scorers. Heck, with Rose around, I'm glad to have a little extra scoring punch to take some pressure off. The Bulls still have enough pieces to be an excellent defensive team.
It does give us someone who might create some spectacular plays from time to time with Rose out. that's something.

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
It is disappointing that after many years we are still searching for that good/great SG.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
It is disappointing that after many years we are still searching for that good/great SG.
There really aren't that many in this league.

Tier 1 -- Kobe, Wade
Tier 2 -- Eric Gordon, Joe Johnson
Tier 3 -- Kevin Martin, Iggy

Then a whole bunch of pretty flawed options, e.g., Ray Allen (old), Ben Gordon (expensive, one-dimensional), Marcus Thorton (see Ben Gordon), Mayo, etc.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There really aren't that many in this league.

Tier 1 -- Kobe, Wade
Tier 2 -- Eric Gordon, Joe Johnson
Tier 3 -- Kevin Martin, Iggy

Then a whole bunch of pretty flawed options, e.g., Ray Allen (old), Ben Gordon (expensive, one-dimensional), Marcus Thorton (see Ben Gordon), Mayo, etc.

Right. Also, I think the "We just need a SG!" meme was on some level more accurate pre-Rose. Once Rose was acquired, the need is really more general in that you want a 2nd star. That player could be at the 2, the 3, or the 4 (assuming the Bulls are intent on keeping Noah absent a deal for Howard). I see no reason why, if you believe the Bulls need more star power next to Rose, that it has to come from the 2 guard position. Upgrading Deng or Boozer and riding out Hamilton/Bellini/Hinrich for the year could be a fine approach.

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
Right. Also, I think the "We just need a SG!" meme was on some level more accurate pre-Rose. Once Rose was acquired, the need is really more general in that you want a 2nd star. That player could be at the 2, the 3, or the 4 (assuming the Bulls are intent on keeping Noah absent a deal for Howard). I see no reason why, if you believe the Bulls need more star power next to Rose, that it has to come from the 2 guard position. Upgrading Deng or Boozer and riding out Hamilton/Bellini/Hinrich for the year could be a fine approach.
I agree with your statement. We just need a 2nd star in general. The best scenario would be either at the 4 or 5. However, big men are getting way overpaid nowadays (Hibbert, McGee, Nene, etc). And these players aren't even stars.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts