Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Re: Nationals, Max Scherzer agree to 7-yr/$180M deal

Nats staff was already very good. I think this money could have been spent elsewhere like on a bat.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Scherzer is a big loss, but $210 million for a guy who rarely goes longer than 6/7 innings? :2ti:

I trust Dave Dombrowski knows what he's doing. Going to need Price to be Price, Verlander to return to form and get a fully healthy season from Anibal. Our rotation is still pretty good, but I wouldn't mind adding a James Shields to the fold to shore up the rotation.

·
Premium Member
100,008 Posts
Scherzer is a big loss, but $210 million for a guy who rarely goes longer than 6/7 innings? :2ti:

I trust Dave Dombrowski knows what he's doing. Going to need Price to be Price, Verlander to return to form and get a fully healthy season from Anibal. Our rotation is still pretty good, but I wouldn't mind adding a James Shields to the fold to shore up the rotation.
Hate to break it to you, Verlander is done. A "return to form" or anything close to it is not happening.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't banking on it, just more trying to understand Dombrowski's thought process. He fell off hard last year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts