Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone brought up Q and Miles' head-tapping earlier and it got me thinking about the most annoying player celebrations. So, I figured I'd put together my 1st team all-annoying. Here's mine:

PG - Mark Jackson (that shimmy thing)
SG - Q (head-tapping)
SF - Miles (Miles and Q get award for most-annoying duo)
PF - Antoine Walker (shimmy II)
C - Dikembe (finger-shake...I'll never forget when he did it against us while the ball was still in play and Scottie picked it up and dunked it...classic)

'Toine gets the award for being the most annoying. It's just so damn irritating when he does it just for hitting a three. Of course, I suppose if you shoot under 30%, you should be excited when you actually hit one.

I'm interested to see if anyone else has their own...

·
Registered
44 Posts
PG - Nash(will he ever stop licking his fingers? and cut his hair?)
SG - QRich(i hate the head tapping too)
SF - Finely(i don't think i have ever seen finely pass the ball and thats annoying)
PF - Ostertag(not a pf but i can't stand him)
C - Divac(do i need to explain?)

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
PG - tie between Sam Cassell and Mike Bibby
(Gollum and BatBoy should never ever open their mouths)

SG - Kobe Bryant (highly unoriginal, MJ needs to copywright his own celebration moves)

SF - Rick Fox (just plain annoying)

PF - 'Toine Walker (agreed PCLoad)

C - tie between Vlade Divac, Kevin Willis, and Greg Ostertag (Jean Reno, TRex, and Sloth from the movie 'Goonies')

honorary mention to: Larry Johnson's strange L formation after 3 pointers, Mahmoud Abdul Rauf's weird twitching, Brent Barry's 'Crip Walk' during the All-Star game a few years back, Jalen Rose's Hulk-Hogan-esque ear to the crowd

·
Registered
520 Posts
PG - Jason Kidd - His free throw routine includes a "kiss". Enough said.

SG - Kobe (agree with SuperDave; he's stolen EVERYTHING from MJ. Also, I've always hated his smug face and cocky attitude, regardless of if he's a criminal or not)

SF - Darius Miles - He head-taps after making a 5-foot jumper and hasn't improved at all since his rookie year. Bad-mouthed the Bulls/JK with the rumored "no cornrow" thing.

PF - Karl Malone - Too many reasons to mention, but one is because he takes 15 seconds to shoot a free throw (He misses all the clutch ones, so maybe it's worth the wait...)

C - Eddy Curry. Until he plays consistently hard, there's no other center who can come close to annoying me as much as he does.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
PG- Gary Payton

SG- Kobe Bryant

SF- Rick Fox

PF- Karl Malone & Robert Horry

C- Shaq

Just a coincidence...

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Kramer</b>!

SG - Kobe (agree with SuperDave; he's stolen EVERYTHING from MJ. Also, I've always hated his smug face and cocky attitude, regardless of if he's a criminal or not)

SF - Darius Miles - He head-taps after making a 5-foot jumper and hasn't improved at all since his rookie year. Bad-mouthed the Bulls/JK with the rumored "no cornrow" thing.

PF - Karl Malone - Too many reasons to mention, but one is because he takes 15 seconds to shoot a free throw (He misses all the clutch ones, so maybe it's worth the wait...)

C - Eddy Curry. Until he plays consistently hard, there's no other center who can come close to annoying me as much as he does.
PG -- JKidd -- I agree with Kramer, and for that reason.

SG -- Reggie Miller -- how'd we get this many posts into an annoying NBA player thread on the Bulls board without mentioning him?

SF -- ERob. He's playing well of late and I hope to see more, but with all the time he's spent on the Bulls bench, and his idiotic aversion to shooting practice, he gets the nod here.

PF -- Malone -- I agree with Kramer. The time on the freethrow line, the muttering on the freethrow line, plus the elbows of death.

C -- Divacs. El-Floppo extraordinaire

Honorable mention to John "Bag Boy" Starks, even though he no longer plays.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
PG - Lebron James - keep chewing them fingernails 'bron

SG - Reggie Miller - kicking his legs out and getting away with it. faking fouls

SF - Rick Fox (he just is)

PF - Antoine (thinks he can hit the 3 consistently)

C- Divac (flopping foo)

Coach- Phil Jackson

NBA wife- Joummana/ Jackie Christie

Analyst - Stephen A Smith, Walton,

NBA OWNER - Cuban (it's getting old man)

honorable : Fisher/Tyronn Lue (WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Charlotte_______</b>!
PG- Gary Payton

SG- Kobe Bryant

SF- Rick Fox

C- Shaq

Just a coincidence...
:yes:

bill walton for most annoying announcer.
pg- kidd- the whole kiss thing
sg- chritie- the finger to the sky thing
sf- gq....i mean rick fox- b/c his wife is so damn hot
pf- 'toine- the shimmy(unless it is after game winners ala vs seattle)
c- vlade- superdave put it pretty well

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
All-Annoying First Team

PG - Gary Payton (Can't stand the smug look on his face, and how he is always chewing gum)

SG - Doug Christie (Can't stand when he raises his hand after any play he is involved in)

SF - Shawn Marion (I hate the way he plays, but it is mostly his ugly jump shot)

PF - Karl Malone (I hate everything about him, and that is pretty damn annoying)

C - Dikembe Mutombo (He cries after every single play, and has the deepest voice I have ever heard)

All-Annoying Second Team

PG - Sam Cassel (He also cries after every play, plus he's flat out ugly)

SG - Kobe Bryant (Kobe is on the 2nd team behind Christie because Kobe is at least good)

SF - Latrell Sprewell (Talks trash after every basket, and does the same damn dunk every fast break, then acts like it was something never before seen)

PF - Chris Webber (He thinks he is a guard, but I find him annoying because he talks out the side of his mouth)

C - Antonio Davis (His jump shot is the true definition of a fadeaway. He runs into the paint, and then fades about 10 feet away from the basket only to miss the shot)

Honorable Mention - Brent Barry, Jon Barry, Earl Boykins, Vlade Divac, Jalen Rose, Michael Finley, Ruben Patterson, etc.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
pg: jason williams pssstttt..... your not black & Kidd ...he proves if your good enough...you could run the team and fire your coach
sg: john starks....in his bulls days
sf: d miles....he reminds me soo much of erob
pf: Mark madsen.....dude u have no skills in basketball....or dance...take a lesson from these guys :gbanana: :wbanana: :cbanana: :rbanana: :banana: :vbanana: :bbanana: :dpepper: :djparty:

c: shaq....he tried to be an acrtor and singer....thats just annoying!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Kramer</b>!

I need to add Marcus Fizer as my 6th man:

1. Bonehead plays
2. Complains to refs ALL the time
3. Thinks he's a starter (that's why I have him as my 6th man):)

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Charlotte_______</b>!
PG- Gary Payton

SG- Kobe Bryant

SF- Rick Fox

C- Shaq

Just a coincidence...
Best post EVER!!!!!!!!!:yes:

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Most annoying player in the League: Doug Christie and his psychic, ever-loving bond to his beast of a wife. Doug makes a free throw in shootaround, his eyes tear up and he salutes his wife. Doug gets called for a personal foul, his eyes tear up and he salutes his wife. Doug pops wood in the shower with the fellas after the game, his eyes tear up and he salutes his wife.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
Most annoying player in the League: Doug Christie and his psychic, ever-loving bond to his beast of a wife. Doug makes a free throw in shootaround, his eyes tear up and he salutes his wife. Doug gets called for a personal foul, his eyes tear up and he salutes his wife. Doug pops wood in the shower with the fellas after the game, his eyes tear up and he salutes his wife.
Hot damn. Spot on my friend! ;)

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Nash: The long haired leaping gnome thing.

Baron Davis: Looks like a horse. A cocky, gum smaking horse.

Rose: The look of exasperation after flailing up some [email protected] shot and blaming his weak-arsness on a defender's proximity.

Walker: The jiggle.

Rick Fox: Fine. So your jaw is bigger then Leno's. Thats no excuse for wave upon wave of mane.

Kurt Thomas: The look of maniacal rage when a ref has the temerity to call a foul on him.

Brad Miller: The "I'm either going to cry or tear you limb-from-limb" look when things don't go his way.

Honerable mention: Ref's who make calls based on results not happenings. For example, the ref who sees Jalan flail miserably for no apparent reason, and, within an instant concludes that no player could be that weak, thus there must have been a foul. I.E. Every ref in the league

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nash: pushes off on every single drive, never gets called on it

Ron Mercer: why don't you miss a couple more shots?

Rick Fox: just looks dirty

Karl Malone: quote from a Playboy interview "they may get some of my guns, but they never gonna get all my guns"

Amare: just watch his off hand every time he dunks, he either pushes someone's hand out of the way or pushes off their shoulder

As for Jalen's antics, they are just so damn hilarious now that he is gone, I can't find it annoying.

And I might be the only one in the world, but I love Antoine's shimmy really because it says "You just got beat by a guy who thinks this is a cool celebration move"

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
PG - Cassell
Anyone else, wonder why he frown's when complaining?.. The second coming of ET, if you ask me.
SG - Kobe
The way he arranges for his wife and kid to just happen to show up, everytime he give's a halftime interview.
SF - Sheed
The way he moan's at the Ref's, even when their not paying him any mind!
PF - Toine Walker
No more Shimmy.. Better yet.. No more pouting, like your momma took away your ding dong's.
C - Curry
Drive's past his man for the jam on one play.. Get's pushed underneath the basket and posterized on the next.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
I'll try to find some new ones:

PG - Derek Fisher...how many PGs is he going to single-handedly turn into max-contract players before people realize he's a bum? Sadly he seems like a pretty nice guy, but he still annoys the heck out of me.
SG - Cuttino Mobley - the ultimate pop-a-shot, and cockier than he ought to be since he's done nothing but score points on a poor fg%. He's somewhat less annoying this year though, since he plays defense.
SF - Tim Thomas - always says he can score 20ppg if he wants to, but no matter who the Bucks trade away, he stays at 12-14ppg. I don't know WHY that bugs me, but it does.
PF - Juwan Howard - that ugly jump shot makes me want to change the channel
C - Brendan Haywood- no reason really. I just think he stinks and he's been overrated since he arrived at UNC.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!

Hmm. And we know how Mrs. Doug Christie is super-paranoid about him being in the company of other women and basically controls every aspect of his life. This leads me to another question...

Who is the most annoying athlete's wife?

My two votes:
1. Brenda Warner
2. Jackie Christie

1 - 20 of 23 Posts