Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st Returns, East Backcourt: D.Wade (430,925), Rajon Rondo (382,613), Deron Williams (211,426), Kyrie Irving (155,989), Ray Allen (130,016)

1st Returns, East Frontcourt: LeBron (641,348), Carmelo (573,112), Kevin Garnett (218,246), Chris Bosh (210,724), Tyson Chandler (151,744)

1st Returns, West Frontcourt: Kevin Durant (605,965), Dwight Howard (434,168), Blake Griffin (307,855), Tim Duncan (189,577), Pau (139,868)

1st Returns, West Backcourt: Kobe (639,419), Chris Paul (353,603), Jeremy Lin (298,319), James Harden (196,108) Russell Westbrook (143,437)
https://twitter.com/NBAAllStar

Thoughts?

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Thoughts are the ASG gets to be more of a joke ever year. Ray Allen? Wade leading votes for guards?

There aren't as many "Are you kidding me?!?" picks as some years, but its clear there's the popular teams out there, and then there's everyone else.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Jeremy Lin. Over James Harden and Russell Westbrook. Have at it.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
There were a lot of posters arguing Lin wouldn't make the allstar team a month or so back and I was like "You're kidding right? Of course he will."
The only good thing that will come out of this is that the All-Star game is in Houston this year (I live in Houston and plan on going to at least one of the events), so the fans will see hometown players. Still didn't expect him to open up a 100K lead on Harden and Westbrook.

Pau also getting undeserved votes. Memphis deserves a player in the ASG, whether it is Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, or Marc Gasol. Any of them are qualified (which leads you to wonder whether they are splitting votes).

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I mean, it'll be funny watching Rondo and Wade freeze each other out, right?
Wade probably won't even play. He'll rest that weekend and talk about his mountain of injuries he's playing through. And then he'll allude to the fact we should pat him on the back for his professionalism.

Because he's a punk.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
The only good thing that will come out of this is that the All-Star game is in Houston this year (I live in Houston and plan on going to at least one of the events), so the fans will see hometown players. Still didn't expect him to open up a 100K lead on Harden and Westbrook.

Pau also getting undeserved votes. Memphis deserves a player in the ASG, whether it is Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, or Marc Gasol. Any of them are qualified (which leads you to wonder whether they are splitting votes).
Could very well be. But either way Memphis isn't all that popular. I'd assume half the people who voted don't even know Memphis is one of the top teams in the league right now.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Harden won't make the all-star team.

Kobe and CP3 are starting. Lin would have to be put in by the coaches. That's not happening. So it's really all a moot point. Westbrook/Harden will make the team coming off the bench.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
All in all, if these results hold up until the all-star games, they won't be that far off from what the lineups should be. Lin getting voted in as a starter would be awkward, but it's hard to argue with Paul-Kobe-Durant-Griffin-Howard

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts

Kobe and CP3 are starting. Lin would have to be put in by the coaches. That's not happening. So it's really all a moot point. Westbrook/Harden will make the team coming off the bench.
It would be funny to me if Harden didn't make it.

It would wreck that little chuckers feelings so much.

"But I had the ball like 80% of the time. I shot every chance I could! What do these people want?"

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Ideally I think a ballot would look like -

east:

Rondo
Wade
LeBron
'Melo
Chander

with Deron Williams, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Josh Smith, Al Horford, and maybe Jrue Holiday?

west:

CP3
Kobe
Durant
Zbo
Howard

with Blake Griffin, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and maybe Steph Curry/OJ Mayo?

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No love for Anderson Varejao in the East? I know he's on a losing team, but the guy is playing out of his mind.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

Yeah. I don't get why people are up in arms about who is 3rd or 5th in voting over other guys. In the end the top two guards make and the top 3 frontcourt players, nothing else matters.

With exception of maybe KG, I see these being the final lineups. I think the West is set in stone.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
No love for Anderson Varejao in the East? I know he's on a losing team, but the guy is playing out of his mind.
He should make it over KG, Bosh or Chandler, yea.

And someone like George should make it over Ray Allen.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love how Kobe and LeBron are probably the two most hated players in the league amongst casual fans and yet they're still the top two in votes.

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
I'm going to be a homer and say that Joakim Noah deserves more consideration. (rounding because I'm too lazy to look it up) 14 ppg 10.5 rpg 4 apg and 2 bpg... on a team that isn't great but is still leading its division... **** Kevin Garnett.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
I forgot coaches vote for the backup players.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts