Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1.7%
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw we didn't have one so thought why not make one. Three point shootout bout to start. I got Stephen Curry and DeRozan in the dunk contest(really tough to choose between him and Brown).

I had Dallas in the Shooting Stars(was rooting for ATL though) and D-Williams in the Skills competition.

·
Administrator
68,862 Posts
I think this dunk contest killed the contest.

I would be VERY surprised it comes back next season.
VERY surprised? Nonsense. The NBA won't kill it off just because of this lackluster contest. The possibility certainly isn't so viable as to be surprised about its returning next year...

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
VERY surprised? Nonsense. The NBA won't kill it off just because of this lackluster contest. The possibility certainly isn't so viable as to be surprised about its returning next year...
They did kill it for a season in 1998.

They dint have one in 1999 because of the lockout.

This was bad, the wheel of fortune thing was a gimick, this was just BAD. Gerald Wallace killed the Dunk Contest.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
frealz. we need to force ppl to do the slam dunk!!!!!!!!! nate should not be winning at all!!
They need to let those amateur dunkers like "Air Up There" compete against the NBA...

·
1.7%
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Dunk Contest needs people who will make it fun, not necessarily the best dunkers, IMO. Dwight Howard, Lebron James, or guys like that would make the contest worth watching. Of course some are in fact great dunkers(Lebron), but put in guys that get along well and they'll compete and make it fun, not to just do the contest and call it a night.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts