Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 5 7.7%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so now its the business end of the season, the top seeds in the playoffs seem to be already set.
now with less than a quarter of the season before the playoffs who do you think will be walking away with the rings this year.

Pistons: Huge start to the season, 4 all stars, have been in the finals the past few years. sitting a top of the east all season. playoff experience.

Heat: Shaq will step up come playoff time, and wade will be wade. they have the talent to go all the way, they have the experience to do so aswell, it will depend on how the players on this team click come playoff time.

Spurs: the rock of the NBA, constantly among the top contendors for years, duncan manu and parker among with solid support will make this team a contendor.. duncan and manu havnt been looking themselves lately and will have to regain prime form to win the title.

Dallas: always big achievers during the regular season, yet to step it up in the playoffs. Dirk needs to carry this team through the playoffs, the players around him need to keep the intensity up and make sure not to slack on the defensive end. this could definately be their year.

Suns: steve nash leading this team to another great regular season, and they can outplay any team on a given night, personally i dont see them winning a title without amare.. if he can make a return come playoff time, even if hes a bit rusty, he will help out no end and could push this team over the top.

Outside chances:
Nuggets: will need the team healthy, camby will need to be huge throughout the playoffs to shut down the big men, melo will have to stay clutch as ever.
New Jersey: with kidd, carter and jefferson they will be tough to beat, but without a solid inside presence come finals time i dont think they will go very deep.
Cleveland: Lebron would have to be a monster to get this team anywhere near a championship.
Kings: have been playing great lately.. i dont think there is anyone, including the spurs or dallas that wants to face this team in the first round.

so who's your pick?

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
I picked the Heat b4 the season began and I'm sticking with it. They have the experience, the talent, the flair for the dramatic and the league's best in Wade.

Pistons don't have the depth or the discipline to win-it-all, IMO. Spurs have too big of a hill to climb with TD's decline. They'll still make the finals because only superstars can overcome their D, and I don't see any WC team with 2 superstars ala LA(the only team to beat SA post-Bulls era).

The conference finals' matchup will be the same as last year.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I think the spurs will prolly win it, but i just want the heat to win it to piss off some kobe fans :biggrin: .

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I'm choosing the Pistons simply because I have a bad feeling that TD's injury will really show itself in the playoffs where he will actually go out and miss some games.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Pistons. Whoever comes out of the west will be pretty beat, probaby Spurs, and they're already pretty beat now. Not that the Pistons don't have fatigue issues of their own, but the teams in the playoffs in the west are just too good.

So few people picked the Suns?

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the suns only hope is amare making a solid return.
the way they play wont get them through the entire playoffs without an inside threat

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.