Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a couple of questions....

1) Among the 'CURRENT' coaches in the NBA, who would you want to play for and why?

2) Which 'FORMER' NBA coach would you have wanted to play for and why?

3) Which COLLEGE coach, past or present, would you want to play for and why?

1) For me it would almost be a toss up with the Zen master, Riles and Jerry Sloan... Jackson w/ Tex Winters triangle offence is one of the best motion offences I've ever seen, and his Lakers (likewise the Bulls) have always played unbelievable D'... Riley cuz he preaches D'... and why Sloan?... Consistentcy. I think his Hi-post offence is one of the simplest offences I've seen, yet he teaches it so well to counter any defensive adjustments made by other teams... An unbelievable teacher of fundamentals..

2) Chuck Daly - Demanding yet responsive to players... A great preacher of D' and getting the job done... Always finds ways to get players to play together...

3) John Wooden... The Pyramid of Success... Need I say more?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
1. Pat Riley-He was a good coach for the Lakers :yes:

2. Elgin Baylor-Couldn't think of anyone better

3. Coach K-He wins..

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Gary Williams

Besides me being a giant MD fan, it just amazes me how somehow after every timeout taken his team just explodes. That showshow great of a coach he is.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Re: Gary Williams

Originally posted by <b>jmk</b>!
Besides me being a giant MD fan, it just amazes me how somehow after every timeout taken his team just explodes. That showshow great of a coach he is.
If Williams is so good then...
Then how come he was never coach of the year?
And how come Tom Izzo, who was coach of the year, has been to more final fours in less years?
And how come Michigan State is ranked 11th next year and MD is not in the top 25?
And how come Vital said the best coach in the NCAA as far as getting his team pumped up in time outs and half-times is Tom Izzo?
And how come Michigan State has come back from a bigger overall point margain than MD?
And by the way - The Breslin Center is a whole lot better than MD's old court.;)

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
How come MD won the title last year? How come Michigan sucked last year?

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
And if Im not mistaken, polls werent even released yet for this coming season. And there is no way MSU's stadium is better than MD's, MD's was the best of all time.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
LOL, I laugh at you! The polls were realesed a long time ago loser. Look at ESPN! And about MD's thing that they call a stadium. They loose in it. They just didn't loose in non-conference. As for the Breslin the likes of Magic Johnson have been in it. The breslin by the way was undefeated until this year! Not just against that non-conference crap but against all who came. No one would want to come in and face MSU in the Breslin. Especially not with the Izzone! Gosh you are dumb. 2002 champs of the millenium - Michigan State! MSU finished 28th last year in the polls! Michigan btw is NOT MICHIGAN STATE [email protected]$$! Oh and Gary Williams looks like an Oompa-Loompa mixed with a Who(From the Grinch)! Michigan State also has been one of the all-time greatest teams scince the 70's. Not until 2001 did we even hear anything big out of Maryland! Michigan State has a legacy Maryland doesn' you are so one sided its not even funny!

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Oh, and the polls were even realesed before Dunleavy went pro, so that brings Michigan State up one or two ranks, because Duke and Virginia were both right over MSU. I guess MSU is now 9th! And Maryland probably dropped like 2 or 3 because that weakens their schedule!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts