Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who Would You Select With The NETS Three Picks? (Limit of Three)

• Oleksiy Pecherov 6-10 232 PF Ukr. 1985

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul Millsap 6-7 245 PF Lou. Tech Jr.

• Brad Buckman 6-8 235 PF Texas Sr.

• V. Veremeenko 6-10 235 PF Bel. 1984

• Matt Haryasz 6-10 230 PF Stanford Sr.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NBA Draft 2006 is 93 Days Away. In terms of who you'd like the NETS to realistically draft with their two first and one second round picks, please chime in.

When we say realistically, we mean anyone the NETS can get somewhere around where they draft. We're not talking about being able to trade up with the picks the NETS have to to the top of the draft. So, naturally, players like LaMarcus Aldridge, Tyrus Thomas and Adam Morrisson are excluded.

Let us know your picks or choose from the poll (if I ever get around to it) that has been culled down to PFs and PGs expected to be around when the NETS pick. Have fun.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
I use the NBADraft.net Mock Draft.

Shelden Williams is falling quite a bit. I hope if the Nets work out someone that can fill the power forward position that really impresses & they really like but have no chance to get him then they should try to move up higher in the draft.

·
I'm too sexy for ya.
2,089 Posts
neoxsupreme said:
I use the NBADraft.net Mock Draft.

Shelden Williams is falling quite a bit. I hope if the Nets work out someone that can fill the power forward position that really impresses & they really like but have no chance to get him then they should try to move up higher in the draft.
I think NBAdraft.net is so inaccurate, they provide players depending on their draft stock and not factoring in, whether which team might actually go for this type of player or that. I think Draftexpress.com is better and it provides more articles and everything in more detail and depth.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
We see the NETS two 1st round going late..so I picked Boone and Pitsnoggle...As for our second round pick I see a PG/SG combo player drafted but if we'll follow the choices given I chose Glen Davis...

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Shelden Williams' stock has fallen. He's been shown up by some other PFs.* I don't know how high he'll go. Maybe, if no one better is avail when the NETS' pick, he'll fall to them.

*Marco Killingsworth opened a lot of eyes by dropping 34 points (Nov 30th, 2005) on the Defensive Player of the Year (Sheldon Williams) dominating him in the post.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
Shelden Williams' stock has fallen. He's been shown up by some other PFs.* I don't know how high he'll go. Maybe, if no one better is avail when the NETS' pick, he'll fall to them.

*Marco Killingsworth opened a lot of eyes by dropping 34 points (Nov 30th, 2005) on the Defensive Player of the Year (Sheldon Williams) dominating him in the post.
I agree with you and see him as a Junkyard Dog sort of player...if he is there RD 2 I wouldn't think twice. He is not superstar talent, but is a heck of a hard worker ...tough kid too.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
If he declares, I think the nets should get Pops Mensah-Bonsu. He would probably be there around where we are drafting in the second round. The kid is a really raw talent, but he's a big PF that can throw it down hard and can shotblock. I don't think too much would be asked of him on the nets. He'd just have to run the break and block shots. That's all the nets really would need to put them over the edge, his defense and dunking ability. He hasn't played ball for all that long and is sort of like Tyrus Thomas lite. He's 6' 9''and very quick, he does need to gains weight and strength. he and Krstic can develop into a special frontcourt since they're games seem to complement eachother, he could take a lot of pressure off of Krstic on defense and he would be a recipient of many JKidd alley oops and passes. A guy with the physical tools he has can be successful if in the right situation.

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
^I agree with pops. Right now I think the nets should draft 2 bigs and a wing. I dont think they will be getting their starting four in this draft but they could get guys who bring different things to the table

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
If the Nets grab any 3 of the following I'll be a happy camper (in no particular order):

Hilton Armstrong, Taj Gray, Kevin Pittsnogle, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Josh Boone, Marcus Williams (UConn), Randy Foye, and Quincy Douby.

Pops is most likely the only one that will be there in the 2nd round.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hbwoy said:
^I agree with pops. Right now I think the nets should draft 2 bigs and a wing. I dont think they will be getting their starting four in this draft but they could get guys who bring different things to the table

Pops can develop into a starter someday, probably not any time soon if he gets drafted. He started playing ball real late like his junior year of highschool, so there is a lot of potential in him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.