Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my views on some ballers that are in the draft this year.

Curtis Borchardt=Real good athleticism and hands in the low block, runs the court and can shoot that 15 foot jump shot. Has great upside with his super rebounding and blocking skill. Could be a real good on if he works at it.

Caron Butler=It would be a shock if this guy did not turn out to be a very good NBA player in the future, probably should be picked higher than he will be in the draft. Has a good handle and is a banger down low that can take you inside and out. He has good rang on his jump shot just needs to get better on the defensive end, great leader also.

Mike Dunleavy=Is a good shooter that is very adapt at getting his shot off, has a ok handle and can pass on the move. He is a matchup problem at 6-9 with his outside shot and good dribbling ability. But I would take the 6-10 Peja on the Kings over Mike
Dunleavy any day! Mike is a good prospect but if I would not even take him over Peja, then how or why are people calling him the next Bird?

Melvin Ely=He is kind of like a less athletic version on Kenyon Martin in a way. He stayed all 4 years of college and was a great shot blocker as a frosh and soph, but did not develop a offensive game till the last years of college, just what Ely did. Very good
touch around the basket, good open shooter from 15 feet. Could play the 5 or 4 spot just needs to get better hands down in the low post, and more intensity in his play.

Drew Gooden=He amazingly jumped 200+ rebounds from his soph and junior seasons! Had a great junior year, showed he can pass, shoot, run, block and yes rebound. Could be a
very good slasher type player in the NBA, but needs to gain around 20 lbs to be a great player, and should be a lot better shot blocker than he is.

Rod Grizzard=Could be a real star if he gets in the right system, would be a nightmare to guard at PG. He has super ball handling ability and unreal arm length at 7-0! If he works on his defense he could be a 1st team defender with that reach but he needs to get stronger. Does not shoot the ball well but he can already dribble and pass, so I think making jump shots is easier to learn than dribbling.

Jared Jeffries=Showed great work ethic by adding 20 lbs before the draft. He was the most versatile player in college basketball last year easy. He can dribble, defend the 4 or 3, can run, block shots, rebound, pass, and shoot from the outside. Jared also has the skill to be drafted real high but like Caron will be around the 7-13 picks.

Kareem Rush=Showed a all around game by getting 40 more assists in his junior year compared to his soph year. He is the best shooter in the draft and is not that bad of athlete, he is great at running the court and is deadly when he is on from deep. Has a great left hand jump shot and is good at using screens, just needs to be put in the right system.

Dajuan Wagner=Very good kid, never talks to the refs and does what is said of the coaches. But unlike most players that do that, this one can actually play some damn ball. Very competitive as shown when he when up against Cincinnati’s Steve Logan. Has a
great handle, is the best scorer in the draft, he can get his shot of when needed anytime, especially when he is against a small PG. Very strong player and the only thing he is missing is a little better on the ball defense, he can already get steals.

Chris Wilcox=Still has a ton of growing to do basketball wise, he is a great talent with just two years of college ball. He did not play much his frosh year but once he got his chance it did not take long and he is lottery bound. Great at running the floor and shot blocking, obviously a good leper, he easily guarded Dunleavy in college last year and that shows how quick and athletic he is. Just needs to get more lbs or muscle on his body to
take the NBA poundings down low.

Frank Williams=Very similar to Tinsley of last year, probably made more for the pro game than college. Very good defender and passer when he wants to, just needs to work on his jump shot and work on his control going or posting up around the basket. Could be a real good PG, but he has to want to be one "he is going to have to work at it".

·
Registered
231 Posts
i hope you are OZZY from nbadraft.net, cuz you had some good post.

Attachments

·
Registered
924 Posts
Stat Boy...

Mike Dunleavy=But I would take the 6-10 Peja on the Kings over Mike Dunleavy any day! :no: <---PEJA IS ALSO 6-9.

Drew Gooden=He amazingly jumped 200+ rebounds from his soph and junior seasons! :no: <---YEAH, TOO BAD HE ONLY HAD 113 MORE REBOUNDS

Rod Grizzard=Could be a real star if he gets in the right system, would be a nightmare to guard at PG :no: <--TOO BAD HE IS A SHOOTING GUARD.

Kareem Rush=Showed a all around game by getting 40 more assists in his junior year compared to his soph year. :no: <--HE HAD 24 MORE ASSISTS

·
Registered
231 Posts
good job on Melvin Ely, couldn't of said it better myself.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts