Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
There's Jameer Nelson, and then nothing. Who knows about guys like Sebastian Telfair? I don't know about the Euros.

I predict that some of the good pgs from 2003 who didn't make a roster will be back in 2004 to fill specific needs for certain teams. Jermaine Boyette is one guy who comes to mind, but there are others.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Did Devin Harris from Wisconsin decide to stay for another year? He could develope into like an Alvin Williamswho isn't that bad(More potential). Although this would still classify him as a "combo gaurd", which is often looked at as a negative by some scouts and coaches(not in my opinion).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Roko Ukic is probably best PG prospect from Europe, after him Sasha Vujacic. Ivan Koljevic is undersized and he is more SG like J.C.Navarro.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NorthSideHatrik</b>!
I still say Blake Stepp has potential, he ten times the prospect dickau was.
I think we are the only one's who believe Stepp can do something in the NBA.

He can be a solid backup if nothing else. If I was a GM I wouldn't go first round with Stepp, but I would definitely give him a shot at 2nd round.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
My 2004 PG rankings (right now):

1.) Ben Gordon 6'2 185 - not as much as a true point as some other players, but at his size, his pro position is PG; I think he will be a Dwyane Wade-type combo point.
2.) Jameer Nelson 6'0 195 - college POY, more than ready to be NBA contributor.
3.) Shaun Livingston 6'7 175 - one of the big questions of the draft, but true point at 6'7 is rare; needs weight, experience.
3.) Devin Harris 6'3 185 - height and great play lately pushing stock up.
4.) Sebastian Telfair 6'0 170 - height and level of competition only thing hurting him right now.
5.) Ray Felton 6'0 190 - no doubting his skills, but height and shot are biggest knocks.
6.) Marcelo Huertas 6'3 185 - don't know much about him, but based on hype and heresay, this is where I'd put him now.
7.) Sasha Vujacic 6'7 195 - NBA loves tall ballhandlers and he fits the bill.
8.) Blake Stepp 6'4 195 - good height and offensive skills, but will he be Dan Dickau?
9.) Chris Duhon 6'1 190 - great leader, distributor, defender, but will he rediscover his jump shot?
10.) Timmy Bowers 6'2 180 - not a great distributor, but is athletic and a good shooter.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Stepp will get picked up by someone who needs a backup but it will be in the 2nd round. It does seem to be a weak year for PG's but last year was a great one with TJ Ford, Kirk Hinrich, Marcus Banks, Leandrinho Barbosa, Zoran Plainic, Steve Blake so I mean this will be the year of the Big Man and that's ok. Jameer is a keeper though.

·
Registered
530 Posts
What about Marcus Moore...He has good size...not sure if he could be a tru PG and he needs to work on his shot...but he has size and could potentially be a good pay-off...last year he was projected late first/early second

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
I think we are the only one's who believe Stepp can do something in the NBA.
i beleive he could
and i would even take a chance on him at the end of first round if i was a GM

jarrett jack
chris paul
raymond felton
are the cream of the crop

Jameer Nelson
CJ Watson
Ben Gordon
are aight(Gordon and Nelson are a little overrated)

Chris Duhon is a 2nd rounder
i think barrett will be a sleeper
marques green can be a boykins type player
Devin Harris won't amount to anythin IMO

shaun livingston out of high school will be Great not a top 5 pick
but definatly deserves to be in the lottery

telfair is overrated
darius washington is more of a combo guard

there is a bunch of Point forwards
here is how i rank 'em(as their ability to play point forward not their overall game and their potential)
Igudoala
Francisco Garcia
Cedric Bozeman
Christian Drejer
Luke Jackson
Julius Hodge
Ronnie Brewer
Deforrest Riley
Marcus Moore
Alex Acker
Sammy Mejia
Julian Sensley
Jason Williams

as far as the Euro guys
i dont know much but they all suck from what ive heard and seen a little
the Ukic guy is OK

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Gordon isn't a point guard. He's a Dajuan Wagner clone.

I thought Marcus Moore would be good. But he's just back in the pack fighting to be a distant second to Jameer.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BagFullOTreez</b>!
Did Devin Harris from Wisconsin decide to stay for another year? He could develope into like an Alvin Williamswho isn't that bad(More potential). Although this would still classify him as a "combo gaurd", which is often looked at as a negative by some scouts and coaches(not in my opinion).
I'm probably a little biased because I live across the street from the Kohl Center, but he's going to stay. In fact, there's no chance he leaves this year, he wants a degree. Plus no one from Wisconsin ever leaves early.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Is John Gilchrist coming out this year?

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Marcus Moore is a amazing prospect, but son of a ***** he slacks off all the time! If he was more competitive and played harder he would easily be a top 15 pick. Great pass skills, height, handle, length, scoring ability but he plays way to lackadaisically.

Gordon isn't a point guard. He's a Dajuan Wagner clone.
I wouldn't say that, I would say Will Bynum is more like Juanny than Gordon. Gordon is not as good at getting to the tin like Dajuan.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>fjkdsi</b>!

jarrett jack
chris paul
raymond felton
are the cream of the crop

Jameer Nelson

Ben Gordon
are aight(Gordon and Nelson are a little overrated)
Wow when you say that, you lose some credibility because its CLEARLY evident, its Nelson and then everyone else. No one is playing better in the country yet they are underrated

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JarvisHayes24</b>!
It's better than last year. I'll take Gordon, Nelson and Felton over Ford, Hinrich and Ridnour
Interesting. I think Ford is more of a real point guard, and quicker than anyone this year. None of this year's PG's have fundamentals like Hinrich, although Gordon will probably surpass him. Felton is still a huge risk, even though he has amazing skills. He might end up like Keyon Dooling, who also has incredible potential but didn't mature enough in college. Felton might look more like Ford, with his incredible speed and quickness, along with a lot more vertical athleticism and he is a true playmaker, but he can't really score quite yet. What makes him more than a really athletic Jamaal Tinsley?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts