GM 4: GSW at CLE, Jun. 11, 9:00 PM ET ABC
GM 5: CLE at GSW, Jun. 14 ABC | If Needed
GM 6: GSW at CLE, Jun. 16 ABC | If Needed
GM 7: CLE at GSW, Jun. 19 ABC | If Needed

*If necessary

ALL TIMES EASTERN

#1 Golden State Warriors (67-15)

Starters:

PG Stephen Curry | SG Klay Thompson | SF Harrison Barnes | PF Draymond Green | C Andrew Bogut

#2 Cleveland Cavaliers (53-29)

Starters:

PG Kyrie Irving | SG Iman Shumpert | SF LeBron James | PF Tristan Thompson | C Timofey Mozgov

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Re: NBA FINALS: #1 Golden State Warriors (0) vs. #2 Cleveland Cavaliers (0)

Was Iman Shumpert starting just a temporary thing? Because if not, then I'm pretty sure he's the starting SG, not JR Smith.

Cavs in 6, assuming Irving is healthy. I am so pumped for this.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts

My heart says Cleveland, but my brain says Golden State. The heart is just an organ that pumps blood, so I'm going with GS in 5 or 6.

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Was Iman Shumpert starting just a temporary thing? Because if not, then I'm pretty sure he's the starting SG, not JR Smith.

Cavs in 6, assuming Irving is healthy. I am so pumped for this.
Oops. Went by ESPN's Cavs Depth Chart.

·
8,475 Posts

How do you guys think they will go about defending Lebron?

·
8,475 Posts

·
Michael Whiteacre's Running Mate
2,338 Posts

How do you guys think they will go about defending Lebron?
I wouldn't be surprised to see some sagging off Shumpert to help clog LeBron's lanes. It will be interesting to see if they start with JR Smith in Game 1 - Shumpert is no Tony Allen on offense but he does shoot mediocre percentages from the perimeter.

Harrison Barnes on LeBron will be interesting, I'm sure Draymond will get some looks too. LeBron would is too powerful for Thompson to consistently defend him IMO - but I'm sure he will periodically defend him.

I have the Warriors in 6 or 7. It would not surprise me at all if the series went 7 - Cavs have all the experience.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

Lebron in 6. It's not what I want, it's what I'll get. Yes, still bitter! :drose:

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts

Cavs in 5 if Kyrie plays.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts

Warriors in 7. Home court will prove to be too much. Expecting a classic series with crazy finishes.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts

Fun fact: I've predicted every series the Warriors have been in correctly (sweeping NOP, beating MEM in 6 and beating HOU in 5). Hopefully the same holds true in this series.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts

Las Vegas betting line

Warriors won by 10 points against Rockets tonight.

nba finals Game 1:

Warriors won by 6 points against Cavs.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts

Warriors being favorited in Game 1 will come as no surprise to anybody. I figure the home team will be favored in each game.

·
Warrior Spirit!
4,216 Posts

Cavs in 5 because this series is actually impossible to accurately predict. True story. Any correct prediction will be based off a hunch or lucky guess.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts

Cavs in 5 because this series is actually impossible to accurately predict. True story. Any correct prediction will be based off a hunch or lucky guess.
I agree.

I think the GS Warriors should win it based on the year that they have had, but can LeBron really lose another finals with Cleveland?

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts

I agree.

I think the GS Warriors should win it based on the year that they have had, but can LeBron really lose another finals with Cleveland?
To me it's clear that LeBron has reached the finals as many times as he has because the east is terrible, and he has lost as many times as he has because the west is not terrible. It's no surprise he is 2/5 and likely 2/6 after this year. Had he been in the west, he probably wouldn't have 6 appearances, but might have as many titles still (obviously depending on his team surroundings).

·
Put some respeck on ma name!
30,063 Posts

New development...

Klay Thompson developed concussion-like symptoms following the Golden State Warriors' Game 5 win over the Houston Rockets.

If it is ruled that he had a concussion, he would be required to follow the NBA's concussion protocol.

Thompson had been hit in the head by Trevor Ariza at the 9:31 mark of the fourth quarter (Vine), when the Rockets forward bit on a pump-fake and jumped so high that his knee hit Thompson's ear.

Thompson went to the locker room at that time, and was put through a concussion evaluation by the Warriors' medical staff. According to a team release, he did not show any concussion-like symptoms then, but later began "to not feel well and developed concussion-like symptoms."

ESPN's Ramona Shelburne reported on Thursday morning that Thompson threw up a few times on Thursday night, but felt better afterwards.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/237987/Klay-Thompson-Developed-Concussion-Like-Symptoms-After-Game-5

1 - 20 of 2113 Posts