Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who Wins the NBA Championship?

• Total voters
2081 - 2100 of 2113 Posts

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts
The thing I find most funny about that list is that I just heard an interview with Jeff Van Gundy from a couple days ago in which he implied that he did not have a vote. I wonder if he didn't realize the votes were going to be made public.

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts

·
Registered
10,706 Posts

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts
Cleveland has a lot of contract negotiations to take care of this offseason. I can't wait to see what their roster looks like at the beginning of next season.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Did Michael Jordan have such a say over those Chicago Bulls teams?
He may have, but the difference is that he took less than market value contracts in order for his team to actually make the moves neccessary. The difference with Lebron is that he's taking 30% or more of the cap and demading his team to make do with scraps. I have been on record saying they need to sign the younger players (Thompson and Mosgov) at market value contracts and build a damn bench with players better than James Jones, Mike Miller and Marion.

If that means letting Love walk so be it.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
He may have, but the difference is that he took less than market value contracts in order for his team to actually make the moves neccessary. The difference with Lebron is that he's taking 30% or more of the cap and demading his team to make do with scraps. I have been on record saying they need to sign the younger players (Thompson and Mosgov) at market value contracts and build a damn bench with players better than James Jones, Mike Miller and Marion.

25 million of their cap space was watching in street clothes. If Pippen and Rodman were both hurt for the finals of the 2nd 3peat, the Bulls wouldn't have won any of them. Same idea for the first 3peat.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

They did build a better bench than James Jones, Mike Miller and Marion. It's JR Smith, Tristan Thompson and Anderson Varejao.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
25 million of their cap space was watching in street clothes. If Pippen and Rodman were both hurt for the finals of the 2nd 3peat, the Bulls wouldn't have won any of them. Same idea for the first 3peat.
Both players Irving and Love have been injured every year. Just as next year one of them will be in street clothes soaking up 18m per. Neither Rodman nor Pippen made max per so nice try.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Both players Irving and Love have been injured every year. Just as next year one of them will be in street clothes soaking up 18m per. Neither Rodman nor Pippen made max per so nice try.
You changed your argument already. Must have been a bad argument. Your original argument was that the Cavs won't have a good supporting cast around LeBron until he takes less money because LeBron is taking up too much of the cap. When it's pointed out to you that 30+ million of their cap was in street clothes, you change to pointing out that they're injury prone.

If the Cavs are paying players lots of money and they're always injured in the playoffs, then that's the problem, not some imagined dilemma that you made up where the Cavs hands are tied because LeBron is just eating up so much cap space. If all of their cap space was on the floor, they have as good of a chance to win the title as anyone.

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts
Both players Irving and Love have been injured every year. Just as next year one of them will be in street clothes soaking up 18m per.
I actually have more faith in Love to stay healthy than Irving. This team needs another back-up PG to go with Delly next season. They need an Aaron Brooks or Norris Cole type to give them some minutes.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
Re: NBA FINALS: #1 Golden State Warriors (3) vs. #2 Cleveland Cavaliers (2)

R-star arguing with the stubborn kids again. I sense one of his "burned out, leaving the site" periods coming.
Don't act like it wouldn't kill you inside to see me leave for a bit.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts

You can try and see if that works.

Stop it Pablo. I've asked you to stop saying stupid shit. Please stop. We don't know where Irving and Love will be when the playoffs happen next year. It's extremely unlikely that they will be in the same situation they are now. Regardless of whether or not one of them is injury prone (and again, Love doesn't fit that description, at least not yet), the chances of BOTH of them being down with season ending injuries again is very unlikely. Irving's health is a concern however.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Congrats to all Warriors fans on the win. Warriors deserved it, regardless of how easy many like myself might claim their path to glory was. The team as a whole impressed me, and I feel very happy for Iggy for winning the Finals MVP.

I'm proud of the effort put up by the Cavs, especially LeBron. This was a series that no one was giving them a chance on, even myself. But then Delly happened, and it seemed like they might have a chance after all. It just wasn't meant to be, and it shouldn't have been. You don't just lose a Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love to injury and win the NBA finals.

Good luck to all NBA teams next year though. The Cavs will be back and 100% healthy. How long that will last remains to be seen, but they will be charging through the gates determined and ready to take the league by storm, and I can't wait. I sense a title coming our way, at this point it's just a matter of who is willing to step up to the plate to try to stop us.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

Don't think I was acting like that at all.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

As long as you are being true to your heart Jamel. That's all I've ever cared about.
Every time you're gone I'm so depressed I get like @Floods and grab for the wrist knife.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Congrats to all Warriors fans on the win. Warriors deserved it, regardless of how easy many like myself might claim their path to glory was. The team as a whole impressed me, and I feel very happy for Iggy for winning the Finals MVP.

I'm proud of the effort put up by the Cavs, especially LeBron. This was a series that no one was giving them a chance on, even myself. But then Delly happened, and it seemed like they might have a chance after all. It just wasn't meant to be, and it shouldn't have been. You don't just lose a Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love to injury and win the NBA finals.

Good luck to all NBA teams next year though. The Cavs will be back and 100% healthy. How long that will last remains to be seen, but they will be charging through the gates determined and ready to take the league by storm, and I can't wait. I sense a title coming our way, at this point it's just a matter of who is willing to step up to the plate to try to stop us.
Look at their favorite team, look at yours. Which is better?

2081 - 2100 of 2113 Posts