Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 408 Posts

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
With all the talk about how LeBron will play this go-around in the Finals, this series strangely hinges on how well the guy he was criticized for joining forces with will play. Need Dwyane to wake up and play within his current capabilities.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
Wade really needs a game to get his confidence going. And we need to get Bosh involved in midpost/lowpost sets. I'm happy for Chris to take one or two triples a game if he's feeling it, but Dirk Nowitzki he aint. Get to the line and get those bigs in foul trouble.

And somebody block out Nick ****ing Collison for christ sakes.

·
We Just Wanna Chill
12,088 Posts
Wade really hurts the team more often than not. For anyone familiar with Dragonball Z, i see him as:

rookie Wade=Saiyan. Lots of potential.
champ Wade= Super Saiyan. Amazing! He saved us all.
olympic Wade= Ascended Saiyan. Wins gold.
Mvp caliber Wade= Super Saiyan 3. Just destroying opponents by himself
Current Wade= Krillin. He will ocassionally surprise you with a "distructor disc", but most times hes on the floor helpless and whining how things never go his way and hopes someone can help/save him.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. We need a healthy dose of bosh and james with battier continuing to hit those 3s.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Wade really needs a game to get his confidence going. And we need to get Bosh involved in midpost/lowpost sets. I'm happy for Chris to take one or two triples a game if he's feeling it, but Dirk Nowitzki he aint. Get to the line and get those bigs in foul trouble.

And somebody block out Nick ****ing Collison for christ sakes.
Yeah too many offensive boards. That second half looked like the March game in OKC, with us being made a mess of inside.

And Bosh absolutely needs some real touches now. All the talk about how we need him to run the offense through and all he's doing is floor spacing.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
1-1 would be SOOO much better than 0-2.

Lets go Miami.

Paging CB and DWade. You're needed.

If CB comes off the bench again, I will rage.

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont know, but they killed us with our switching.

Hopefully we see more trapping instead of switching in this game.

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bosh gets the start at center, the rest of the starting lineup stays the same.
Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat
Chris Bosh to start in place of Udonis Haslem tonight: Other starters: Battier, James, Wade, Chalmers.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Bosh gets the start at center, the rest of the starting lineup stays the same.
Obviously a first for this lineup. My guess is this is the first time in the Big 3 era we've had a lineup of five guys who can (theoretically) be 3-point threats. I've been interested in seeing this. All 3 up front can guard 4s, 2 can guard 3s, 2 can guard Cs. Having 3 semi-relaiable spot-up shooters around LeBryane can be a major advantage if Dwyane isn't playing assly.

Looks like we're going away from the red already. Key fashion stat: Last year's Finals, the Heat wore red w/ red shoes and white socks/gear (head bands/shooting sleeves/etc.) in G3 on the road and won. Then inexplicably they switched it up for G4 and wore the same with black socks, losing. Panicked, they switched to all black for G5, and of course lost again.

Yes, we lost the '11 Finals because of sock color. Last two times we wore black we lost in Boston, though. So hopefully we switch up the trend and have a victory in noir!

1 - 20 of 408 Posts