Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a better job out there or what?the biggest thing they have to worry about is the cap and some of them dont even do that.if you look at other sports like baseball,football and hockey there is ten times the movement of players that there is in the nba.i know you have to trade like contracts but i cant believe there aren't enough guys on the payroll who could be added to any deal that would make the numbers work.and get this,the guys that really have it made,well those are the ones that have really bad teams that seem to be in a constant rebuilding stage.all they have to do is keep drafting young players and wait for them to mature,which could take years.where do i get an application?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
to get those jobs you have to either no someone high in the organization or have a good recomendation or have alot of working experience.

The jobs seem easy but they are a bit more complicated. They have to balance what is good for the team vs. what is good for public relations.

A good GM can balance both what is good for the team and what is good for public relations. There are several GMs that are good and some are bad.

GMs also have to think not only what is good for the team now but what is good for the team in the future.

This is just my opinion on GMs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts