Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clippers: Camp heads to Moscow

The Clippers could use their upcoming week in Moscow to sightsee, compare brands of vodka and determine if the city truly is becoming the fashion center of the world.

Unfortunately for the players, they will be starting training camp, and Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy has a plan for the squad to get focused immediately and to not think winning will be easy this season.

"It's good to feel good, and we did accomplish something last year," Dunleavy said. "But last year is over and done with. They're not giving us plus three or four games because we did well last year.

We got to get back down to business. We got to get gritty. We got to dirty. We got to put it on the line in Moscow to start the tone because what you do early in the year is what you're going to do late in the year."

complete article

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Karl's priority is team unity

Perhaps George Karl logged onto the town Web site before deciding to take his Nuggets to Durango.

"There are endless ways to relax, rejuvenate and reinvigorate," the site touts about Durango.

Relaxing might not be at the top of the Nuggets' priorities. But they sure need rejuvenation and reinvigoration after a trying end to last season.

So Karl will take his team to Durango for training camp beginning Tuesday. Welcome to Camp Karl, where the Nuggets coach hopes his players can become more "unified" and perhaps will have them singing Kumbaya around a fire.

complete article

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dalembert vows this year will be rebound season

After a season of frustration that was brought on not only by the 76ers' dismal season, but also his health, Samuel Dalembert pronounced himself healthy yesterday and eager to live up to the $64 million contract he signed in August of last year.

Dalembert was with his teammates at the Wachovia Center on media day. It was also get-away day, as the Sixers were to take off for Spain, where they will open training camp.

Their first game of the season will be Nov. 1 against visiting Atlanta.

"You know what? The sky's the limit," said the 6-foot-11, 250-pound center, who is entering his fifth year with the Sixers. "I'm not making any excuses. I will push myself to the limit. I am here where I am right now, signed a contract I never expected to sign my whole life, and I'm going to have to work for it."

complete article

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brown Hearing Could Make Isiah Late To Camp

September 30, 2006 -- The Larry Brown mess will spill over into training camp and could force Isiah Thomas to miss Tuesday's first day of Knicks practice in Charleston, S.C.

After nine hours of contentious testimony at the NBA office yesterday, the league announced the hearing will reconvene Tuesday, when Thomas was supposed to debut as Knicks head coach.

Commissioner David Stern, arbitrator in Brown's contract dispute, left open the possibility of Thomas needing to be in Manhattan on Tuesday. Stern is leaving for Europe on Wednesday and the hearing could not continue Monday because of Yom Kippur, when the NBA office is closed.

complete article

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Answer's Final Answer: Iverson Wants to Stay With 76ers

Allen Iverson grew so fed up with the unending trade speculation surrounding him this summer that he bought a home in Atlanta, hoping to spare himself and his family the burden of constantly having to respond to a question The Answer simply had no answer for: Are you going to remain a Philadelphia 76er?

But even in Atlanta, Iverson discovered, fans wanted to know whenever they saw him out on the street. "It was the same thing," Iverson said, shaking his head. "I needed a getaway house, but I wasn't able to escape."

complete article

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This isn't going to end well

Hey, look. It's Allen Iverson, back for another season as the Sixers' best player, dominant personality and the biggest problem the team has no idea how to solve.

After a summer of trade rumors -- when Iverson himself sounded darn near hopeful something might happen -- Iverson showed up at the Sixers media day Friday and raved about how happy he is to be here, and how excited he is at the prospect of starting the upcoming season with largely the same cast and crew as last year.

Actually, no, he didn't.

complete article

1 - 6 of 6 Posts