Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You all need to start working on your free throws. Not to bash and burn Shaq, but he would have put up at least 1500 free throws a year for ten years since he entered the league, not mentioning the free throws that he puts in at practice.Why the hell can he not hit them.The players should and need to work on this aspect of the game, as it is free money. i played ball at a pretty high level and shooting free throws is really easy and simple. There is no pressure on you, you can take your time and relax. The players need to realize, that hitting the free throws conistently can be the difference between scoring 18 points a game and scoring 21 points a game. I am not saying that points is the only thing that matters in the game.How many games have we all seen that is decided by less than two points, I have seen tons of these games regularly.Hitting free throws is all about desire and willingness to improve your game. And do not give me it is outside his range crap. Because, once you start practicing your free throws it is all about keeping your routine, maintaining your focus and all will be fine.I just cannot understand why the players do not work on this aspect of the game. When I played you were not allowed to leave practice, until you hit 150 free throws at the end of the session, too bad if you kept missing.
I know that Shaq always said that he hits them when he needs to, but he is such a bad free throw shooter, that he is just about fluking them. this is not a post to bad Shaq, so do not bag me out for this, it is making him an example of one part of the game that has gotten bad.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by kingofkings
You all need to start working on your free throws. Not to bash and burn Shaq, but he would have put up at least 1500 free throws a year for ten years since he entered the league, not mentioning the free throws that he puts in at practice.Why the hell can he not hit them.The players should and need to work on this aspect of the game, as it is free money. i played ball at a pretty high level and shooting free throws is really easy and simple. There is no pressure on you, you can take your time and relax. The players need to realize, that hitting the free throws conistently can be the difference between scoring 18 points a game and scoring 21 points a game. I am not saying that points is the only thing that matters in the game.How many games have we all seen that is decided by less than two points, I have seen tons of these games regularly.Hitting free throws is all about desire and willingness to improve your game. And do not give me it is outside his range crap. Because, once you start practicing your free throws it is all about keeping your routine, maintaining your focus and all will be fine.I just cannot understand why the players do not work on this aspect of the game. When I played you were not allowed to leave practice, until you hit 150 free throws at the end of the session, too bad if you kept missing.
I know that Shaq always said that he hits them when he needs to, but he is such a bad free throw shooter, that he is just about fluking them. this is not a post to bad Shaq, so do not bag me out for this, it is making him an example of one part of the game that has gotten bad.
PS can someone help me design a custom avatar for myself. I need a kingofkings Denver Nuggets #24 jersey, if anyone can help me, I would be very appreciative and will pass on some funny college stories!
Yet another excellent post by kingofkings. I completely agree. I can't believe these professional players ineptness to hit free throws. It only takes work. Free-throw shooting, like many other aspects of the game, is an area in which you will only get better through practice. Ben Wallace had me steaming last year! Not only do they miss their shots, their mechanics from the free throw line is completely ridiculous. So, players of the NBA, please listen to kingofkings on this one.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by kingofkings
PS can someone help me design a custom avatar for myself. I need a kingofkings Denver Nuggets #24 jersey, if anyone can help me, I would be very appreciative and will pass on some funny college stories!
Very good post! I have felt this way for a long, long time! But players today don't want to take the time to work on FTs. they want to shoot threes or dunk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts