Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

NBA Ready To Take Us All Back To The ?90s

4K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  ChrisWoj 
#1 ·
NBA Ready To Take Us All Back To The ’90s

Hey, remember the ’90s?

Well if you don’t you’re about to get a rude awakening.

For the upcoming 2012-13 season the National Basketball Association and their Hardwood Classics program is set to honour the most experimental period, uniform-wise, in it’s history.

Thanks to a series of Tweets from SaltCityHoops.com’s Spencer Ryan Hall we have gotten a look at what teams will be taking part and what uniforms they’ll be using… and all the classics are there.

See for yourself:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/07/24/nba-ready-to-take-us-all-back-to-the-90s/

#2 ·
Re: NBA Ready To Take Us All Back To The ’90s

Good lord, how horrible they are...

The only ones who I think actually looks nice are Bulls and Pacers. I hated that Raptors jersey, looked like pyjamas. I can't believe somebody actually signed off on that. Who the **** actually thought that looked good?

The Heat jersey ain't bad but I just don't like the whole NES style numbers on the jersey.

#3 ·

DOPEEEE.

SO ****IN DOPEEE

So dope it gives me a reason to want to watch Milwaukee, Atlanta, Toronto, Cleveland, and Phoenix

#4 ·
The bucks jersey with the animal on it is the worst yet

#5 ·

I don't think the Bucks ever wore that jersey... those colors sure, but I don't remember that design.

And as a Bulls fan I always hated the black pinstripe uniforms... stick with the red... blood on the horns.

#7 ·

Hawks, Bulls, Raptors, Rockets should go back.

And Team USA should always wear the 92 jerseys. Everything doesn't have to be 2024 suped up looking like cyborg cloths. Sometimes simple and retro is cool.

#19 ·

Hawks should have gone back an extra decade
Just make sure its not the Hawks of the early 70's. Literally the worst ever. Blue and green look like they were sewn by someone's mom for discount.

I like the Hawks, Jazz and Bucks. Good to have more than just some numbers and stripes.

Aren't we done with the black ? Its really played out.

#17 ·

This is awesome! I grew up with those unis. It would be cool if the Hornets could wear one of their 90's looks, like these for example:

But I'm not sure if that conflicts with Charlotte or whether or not they'd be allowed to have Charlotte on the front.

#21 ·

FINALLY! I GET TO HAVE MY JOHNSON 07 JERSEY BACK!!!!!!!!! HELLS TO THE YEAH!

KJ! FTW!

#26 ·

Man **** the jerseys I want those old school courts back. There's no courts like the Hive with the whole 3 point area being teal...does the Sixers court still have those little basketballs on the side...

I used to play certain teams on live 98 just for the floor.

No one's creative with courts, I'm guessing its some kind of sternbot regulation

#27 ·

Are you guys serious? All of those jerseys are awesome.

I hate how half of today's jerseys look exactly the damn same. The 90's jerseys were the best.

#28 ·

That Pistons one is one of the more... mild. The actual teal n burgundy is just painful to look at:

Though it is nice seeing prime Grant Hill in a Pistons uniform. Clear example of a surefire hall of famer derailed. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.