Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be a humdinger. Rockets are missing 3 starters (if you count Sura) and have lost 3 in a row. The Mavericks on the other hand have won 5 straight and Dirk is getting solid contributions from the supporting cast. Yao can do what he wants, but the bottomline is we aren't coming close to winning this one unless we get a huge game from Head or Wesley... or a miracle game from Anderson. I'm pretty sure Josh Howard is capable of guarding Swift at times, so we can't try to get Dirk in early foul trouble by asking Swift to attack the basket.

But hey, atleast we have the Dirk stopper! Hopefully the Rockets keep this one close and feed it to Yao down the stretch. Would be a huge W for this team without McGrady and Alston.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
If there is one team in the world i want to beat,it gotta be the mavericks :wink:

Head starts again.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Head got 9 pts in the first 6 mins,baby :clap: and he is drawing a foul with nowhere to turn as a veteran.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Looking good early on - Luther with 9 points already!!

It's down the stretch that I'm worried about though, but positive signs early on

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Sweet.. I flip off the Illini game at halftime.. to check on Luther and I'd say he's scoring pretty dang good.. Great to see!

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Ryan Bowen taking 3 shots is 3 shots too many...

·
Registered
877 Posts
kisstherim said:
Head got 9 pts in the first 6 mins,baby :clap: and he is drawing a foul with nowhere to turn as a veteran.

wow... keep it up young buck!

Yao and Head providing the offense to win the 1st quarter... stay out of foul trouble Yao

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Yao Ming with 13 after the 1st Q!! But picked up 2nd foul already...

Don't wanna be pessimistic but something tells me Yao won't be nearly productive in the 2nd half and we'll end up giving this one away, again. Pleeeeease prove me wrong...

·
Registered
24 Posts
when is Tmac comming back?

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Yao Mania said:
Yao Ming with 13 after the 1st Q!! But picked up 2nd foul already...

Don't wanna be pessimistic but something tells me Yao won't be nearly productive in the 2nd half and we'll end up giving this one away, again. Pleeeeease prove me wrong...
I remember in his 2nd season,he also got 12 pts (5/5) in the 1st Q,I thought it would be a 30 pts game for him,but he only added 8 pts in the last 3 Qs. :angel:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Nasty facial by Swift! :clap:

the replay of this one(except the one got embarassed became Dampier)

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Head playing as expected, should've started from day 1. What worries me is how slow JVG is to make adjustments during games (offensively), and make changes in the lineup as well (less minutes for DA, more for Head). This team seems to be coming together for the time being, if we can have some breaks fall our way (Dallas can't seem to hit a FT) and keep feeding Yao, this could be a comprehensive victory.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Isn't that like DA's 3rd assist to Stro tonight??

Stro just picks up his 4th foul, yikes

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
50pts before the 1/2!!!! :banana:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts