Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
This is a great game,but I can hardly tell.Everytime something is about to happen the signal freezes up or pixelates.It's not very windy here so I don't know what the hell is up with time warner.

· Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
Is Hughes going to be back for the playoffs or not?

I really don't see how Cleveland can succeed in the playoffs unless Lebron goes supernova every game.They really need other guys to step up and make playes.Their perimeter defense is just horrible too.I would get my quickest players on the floor and let them drive every play

· Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
I wonder if Cleveland can do much against Detroit,assuming they get past the first round opponent.Lately the Pistons haven't looked that invincible and Cleveland doesn't look as bad when they get out and run.

You have to wonder how well Prince could contain Lebron and whether or not they would just get slaughtered so badly at every other matchup that it's not worth discussing.Certainly on paper the Pistons are better at the other four positions by a large margin,but lately Lebron has the look of a player who might be able overcome that with individual greatness.

· Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
I knew Wade was a really tremendous player at Marquette and I figured he'd be an awesome pro,but he exceeded my expectations before I could blink.If he could work on the few little flaws in his game he could be one of the best guards in recent history.It's too early to rate him now,but if he had a long career at this level of greatness he would be up there.

· Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
In my opinion the biggest difference between the pros and college is the officiation and in particular the way the game is officiated for those who are considered superstars.What is generally considered good defense in college is not allowed in the NBA.The refs are more consistent and they consistently favor the offensive player.

In college you can pretty much handcheck a guy like Wade enough that he won't be able to get past you at near the rate he otherwise would.You hardly ever get a charge against a good offensive player whether you are there or not and they don't allow you to play jumpshooters so physically when they are running off screens.People think of the NBA as more physical,but that's not true on the perimeter the way it is in the paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.