Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm really happy with this schedule for one reason...

With the new TV contract, TNT will have exclusive NBA coverage on Thursdays, with no games being on League Pass. I was worried about how many Bulls games I would miss because of this new rule, but happily, the answer is only ONE.

The Bulls only play 3 Thursday games all season, and two of them are TNT games. The only non-TNT Thursday game is May 6 vs Golden State.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I think league pass will still have all Thursday games, can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Even though I was hoping we get a bit more games on national tv this year like around 15-30 games on national tv this season since ESPN is a big fan of Jay Williams and media have second thoughts in favor of the Bulls slowly.

But its only five games but I still can live with thats. We got more national tv game this year then last year only last year we got one this year we got five and hopefully for Bulls things will build up more and more to get more national tv for our baby Bulls.

This is a good start at least maybe to have the stations and the league put us more games next season if we impressed them

:D

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by pduh02
Even though I was hoping we get a bit more games on national tv this year like around 15-30 games on national tv this season since ESPN is a big fan of Jay Williams and media have second thoughts in favor of the Bulls slowly.

But its only five games but I still can live with thats. We got more national tv game this year then last year only last year we got one this year we got five and hopefully for Bulls things will build up more and more to get more national tv for our baby Bulls.

This is a good start at least maybe to have the stations and the league put us more games next season if we impressed them

:D
PDUHHHHHHHHHHHH long time no see! Don't be a stranger

·
Registered
140 Posts
League Pass

Can anyone confirm that there will be no league pass this year? If so how? Also, why wouldn't there be a league pass with the amount of money it makes every year. Because it has nothing to do with NBC only the NBA.

·
Registered
394 Posts
ACE-

The way I understand it is that TNT has exclusive national rights on Thursdays, meaning League Pass won't be showing any games on Thursday. Teams can still telecast their games locally, but League Pass won't be allowed to telecast them nationwide.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but I also read that the NBA was going to have a very light schedule on Thursdays so that we won't be missing out on many games on League Pass. I tend to think that this is correct, or else it is a huge coincidence that the Bulls only play 3 games on Thursday all season.

My dad got the MLB Extra Innings package, and they don't show any games on Wednesdays when ESPN has exclusive national coverage. I know that yesterday the Cubs were on Fox Sports Chicago, but Extra Innings didn't have any games on at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts