1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GAME 1

vs.

King James visits Palace of Auburn Hills

The Detroit Pistons can match the franchise record for victories in a season and move one step closer to securing home-court advantage throughout the playoffs when they host LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Pistons are one victory shy of the 1988-89 team that finished 63-19 and won the first of back-to-back NBA championships. Detroit has already clinched the top seed in the Eastern Conference, and is trying to hold off San Antonio and Dallas for the best record in the league.

The 1988-89 team also holds the record for home wins, going 37-4. This year's squad has won 21 of its last 22 at The Palace of Auburn Hills and is 35-3 there this season.

Cleveland might look to rest James more in the final five games. He is averaging 42.9 minutes, second-most in the NBA.

GAME 2

vs.

Key Matchup

vs.

If the Dallas Mavericks don't earn the top seed in the Western Conference, they might look back at two games against the lowly Golden State Warriors.

The Mavericks continue their pursuit of the top spot in the West as they try to avoid another surprising loss to the Warriors.

Dallas trails San Antonio by one game in the race for the best record in the West, the same margin it finished behind the eventual NBA champions last season.

One of the reasons the Mavericks trail the Spurs this season is their play against Golden State, owner of the conference's second-worst record. The Warriors are the only visiting team to post two victories at Dallas this season, winning on late baskets on both occasions.

Golden State is trying to avoid losing 10 straight for the first time since March 9-24, 2002. The Warriors are on a nine-game skid following a 111-100 road loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Cavs-95
Pistons-93

LeBron 41 pts

Dallas-110
Warriors-105

Nowitzki-40 pts

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
I think the Cavs-Pistons game is the last game for either team that they are actually going to try. Because they both know they are possibly going to meet in the second round. So Detroit wants to send the message to the Cavs that you have no chance. And the Cavs want to send the opposite message and position themselves as legit contenders.

Plus I believe the Pistons are one win away from the franchise record for wins. And the Cavs obviously, would like to get to 50 wins, and maybe catch either New Jersey or Miami, in case they do get past Detroit.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
futuristxen said:
I think the Cavs-Pistons game is the last game for either team that they are actually going to try. Because they both know they are possibly going to meet in the second round.

The Pistons and the Wizards meet for the last game of the season. Although the Wizards may be the underdogs against the Cavs, the possibility of the Pistons facing the Wizards without beating them in the regular season could prove to be an edge for Washington.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
f22egl said:
The Pistons and the Wizards meet for the last game of the season. Although the Wizards may be the underdogs against the Cavs, the possibility of the Pistons facing the Wizards without beating them in the regular season could prove to be an edge for Washington.
True, I wonder how Eddie Jordan will coach that game? At that point, he's probably just going to want to make sure he gets into the playoffs with everyone healthy. But I firmly believe that Detroit's biggest challenge is going to come in the second round, because in Cleveland and Washington you have two teams that match up VERY well with the Pistons. Both teams have deep frontcourts who aren't afraid of the Wallace bros. And both teams have sick perimeter players that are a nightmare for the Pistons overrated perimeter defense.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
After Lebron does a sick version of his tomahawk, Bill Walton had this to say

"the amazing posterization of an imaginary defender" lol

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
sideshow bob ejected. pistons up 18.
a;sjdailshjidoahoichas

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
sheed had that one coming from the last time these 2 teams matched up, but Varejeo didnt get a good enough shot in. He got ejected and didnt even draw any blood.

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
Rawse said:
What happened with Varejao and Rasheed? I'm busy watching this boring Grizz-Bobcats game.
flagrant 2 foul, seemingly retaliation for the Sheed elbow that caused Big Z to get those stitches in the last meeting of the two teams. He didnt get a good enough shot in though

Reactions: CbobbyB

·
Registered
155 Posts
Lol that foul was funny. I could see something coming though with Varejao's reaction from his missed freethrow prior to his ejection. He missed his shot and just looked like he was in an outrage. That guy takes his freethrows way too seriously.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.