Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
Not bad, points out how things happen for an ultimate reason. A lof of Jordan's mystique was his ability to drop the dagger. Was he the most talented player ever, personally I feel Bird, Drexler, and Nique were just as talented as Jordan. He's the best ever because

a)he worked the hardest
b)he couldn't lose
c)he thrived on the biggest of stages

A is just a documented fact, he was always in the gym, added elements to his game, was an All-NBA defensive player, there is no question about MJ's ethic.

B is more of a personality issue. Any Bulls fan realizes that losing got to MJ, that he didn't like it, felt like the difference between a win and a loss was him, and ultimately felt a sense of dedication to his teammates (something ultimately Kobe lacks). This gave him the drive and the writer mentioned the element of his game where he'd go out of his way to destroy great players, simply because he had to.

C is what made the legacy. Did he ever miss a last-second shot? I mean, ever? It's just amazing to see that time after time, Jordan would knock down the last shot. Ehlo in 89, Russell in 98 being the two most famous examples. But what about his performances in the playoffs? Usually, they were superb.

·
Warrior Spirit!
4,216 Posts
T.Shock said:
C is what made the legacy. Did he ever miss a last-second shot? I mean, ever? It's just amazing to see that time after time, Jordan would knock down the last shot. Ehlo in 89, Russell in 98 being the two most famous examples. But what about his performances in the playoffs? Usually, they were superb.
Yeah Jordan missed a ton of potential game winners. Don't know the exact number, but I remember seeing a commercial in which he said he had missed many game winners.

·
Registered
602 Posts
CiMa said:
Yeah Jordan missed a ton of potential game winners. Don't know the exact number, but I remember seeing a commercial in which he said he had missed many game winners.
He said he missed 26 game winners in the commercial.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts