Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked on there, and they changed it around pretty good -

- They have Emeka at #5, even after another near triple-double in a huge win over Oklahoma. Okafor had 21pts, 10rebs, and 9 blks in the win. I really have to question someone passing him up for Josh Smith.

- Tiago has dropped to #10.

- Ha Seung-Jin catapulted to #8, any reason for this? I was wondering why he was so low before.

- Antoine Wright has dropped from the early teens to the late teens, which I think is right because he hasn't improved this season.

- Iguodala and Drejer are now up to #12 and #13, respectively, which I like, because both are very talented and very versatile and are having good years

- Kris Humphries is #17, which I think is high for him. They have updated their profile and have his NBA comparison as Googs. If that is true, he is a 6'8 Googs, I don't know if he should be this high. I still don't know what position he'll play in the pros. How well can he defend the PF monsters of the NBA in the post?

- Uros Slokar has dropped from the early teens downt to #20. I don't know much about him, other than he is 6'11 is a decent rebounder/defender, and isn't playing much in Europe.

- Big drop for Sergei Monya similar to Slokar. It says on the site he is 6'7 220 as opposed to the 6'9 230 they had before. That will definitely affect his stock.

- Marcelo Huertas is in the 1st round now; does this have anything to do w/ the fact that another 6'3 Brazilian PG is playing well right now in the NBA?

- Luke Jackson is now in the 1st round at 24 after his huge game against Oregon State.

- They have Victor Khryapa back in the late 1st round now.

- Robert Swift sneaks in the 1st at #29. I think if he declares, someone will definitely take a chance on him in the first round.

- Not only do they still not have Araujo in the 1st round, they drop him lower and still have Arthur Johnson and Pape Sow in front of him.

Any thoughts on these latest changes?

Nbadraft.net 2004 Mock

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
their mocks are entertaining but thats about it, at least at this point. one guy who has improved considerably is david lee, i didnt notice him in there. lee is a little undersized to play the 4 and doesnt shoot it all that great to play the 3 but the league is full of guys like that. what i like about him is he knows the game, is athletic and will give you a days work every time out. look for him to go somewhere in the middle of round 1 and maybe even be a borderline lottery pick(14 picks now).

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>rainman</b>!
their mocks are entertaining but thats about it, at least at this point. one guy who has improved considerably is david lee, i didnt notice him in there. lee is a little undersized to play the 4 and doesnt shoot it all that great to play the 3 but the league is full of guys like that. what i like about him is he knows the game, is athletic and will give you a days work every time out. look for him to go somewhere in the middle of round 1 and maybe even be a borderline lottery pick(14 picks now).
They've had him in the first round before, but he's not there anymore.

I also wonder where Al Jefferson would go if he declared.

·
Registered
423 Posts
They have Linas Kleiza at #43, he has to be 1st rounder for shure.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
interesting analysis, but it really doesn't matter right now. how about waiting for draft time to roll around before we nitpick at their mock?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by <b>macijauskas1</b>!
They have Linas Kleiza at #43, he has to be 1st rounder for shure.
Kleiza... At 6'7 he probably should play 2, maybe 3 years of college. Why be a one and done for a 2nd round pick? I wonder if troubles at Mizzou will him have looking to play professionally either here or back home.

Oh, sorry about the ramblings... ;)

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>FanOfAll8472</b>!
interesting analysis, but it really doesn't matter right now. how about waiting for draft time to roll around before we nitpick at their mock?
A couple of them were big jumps, such as Ha jumping up a dozen spots after being consistently in later part of the round. I was wondering if anyone had any information as to why this may have happened.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>aeroe</b>!

Kleiza... At 6'7 he probably should play 2, maybe 3 years of college. Why be a one and done for a 2nd round pick? I wonder if troubles at Mizzou will him have looking to play professionally either here or back home.
I'm curious as to why Kleiza is on the board. He is an interesting player, but is not 1st round material yet. He is an undersized 4 w/ some range. I definitely think he should stay at Mizzou or play pro in Europe for a couple years to round out his game.

·
Registered
83 Posts
about the Brazilians:

Well, i heard that Marcelo Huertas is now on Italy looking for a team, but he is not 100% sure if he's going stay there or come back to Brazil. That, and the reason that it isn't too many PG this year put him in the first round.

Looks Like Anderson Varejão still isn't a very solid player, and keep having highs and lows. Even after the injured of Fermeling, he still didn't got the starting position.

Splitter have a really big drop and Araujo that a lot of people (including me) thought he should be at the first round is still in the second, and even lower than before. I don't know what's the reason tha cause that, but we are still far away from the draft and things still going change it a lot until the end of the NBA season, so let's just try not go crazy everytime the do.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
David Lee is just not that good. He has no game outside of 8 feet from the hoop and is extremely undersized. He isn't any better than Donnell Harvey or even Udonis Haslem IMO. He can stick in the league, but I see journeyman in his future.

As for Araujo, they are slipping on him. He is a very good big man who's best playing days will be in the NBA, not college. He has too much raw talent not to continue to improve and he is just a hoss in the paint.

As for the Euro's dropping in stock, I don't know if that is a good thing, because watch them get snatched up by the Western conference teams again, which means we will still have more free flowing offenses with the Western teams and stagnant defensive teams in the East. Oh goody gumdrops. :rolleyes:

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
David Lee is just not that good. He has no game outside of 8 feet from the hoop and is extremely undersized. He isn't any better than Donnell Harvey or even Udonis Haslem IMO. He can stick in the league, but I see journeyman in his future.
He is pretty good right around the hoop, but I haven't seen much else from his game. I'm not really big on him either.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by <b>kcchiefs-fan</b>!

Uhhhh, why? He's an undersized PF with a decent perimeter game.
Linas smells like Rodney Rogers to me.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
ive always been a david lee fan... anyway i cant really see the drop for okafor to 5. he has established himself as a dominate force down low and he is playing the best basketball of his career. there is no possible way you could take josh smith before okafor. did any1 see him demolish oklahoma. good lord 9 blocks. im just wandering if matt or justin would want to answer some of theese "burning" questions about the recent mock. im still stunned that anyteam could take anyone but howard ahead of okafor.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!

Linas smells like Rodney Rogers to me.
Could be a nice comparison, although Linas is probably a better low post player whereas Rodney has the edge in perimiter games. Another thing, supposedly Linas broke down into tears due to being yelled at for stupid fouls........sounds like he may need to grow a pair before he can handle the NBA.

·
Premium Member
6,992 Posts
ESPN Insider talked about that there could be a record number of HS players that declare for the draft. Chad Ford highlighted the top players as

Dwight Howard (top pick)
Josh Smith (top 5 pick)
Shaun Livingston (10-15 pick)
Robert Swift (20ish)
LaMarcus Aldridge (first round?)
Al Jefferson (First round?)

Lots of questions with the last three and if they can improve their draft stock. Ford also talked about Jefferson maybe staying with his verbal commiment to college but if his draft stock is high he might go for the draft. I do not know about Aldridge or if he declared but Ford talked about him possibly playing some SF in the NBA because he improved his quickness so much. He talked about how Swift is an agile big man and the best American center prospect for the 2004 draft. He talked about Livingston being 6'7" and how draft speculation will come up with any point guard his size. He also mentioned how Smith is comparable to Miles with a jumpshot like so many of us already have heard. And about Howard he said that he is the top prospect for the 2004 draft.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rynobot</b>!
ESPN Insider talked about that there could be a record number of HS players that declare for the draft. Chad Ford highlighted the top players as

Dwight Howard
Shaun Livingston
Robert Swift
LaMarcus Aldridge
Al Jefferson
Livingston sounds like an interesting prospect. I am hoping he comes out and maybe Orlando gets a late shot at grabbing him. Supposedly a 6'7" true point.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Livingston is a good player for sure but he is also 160 lbs. soaking wet.

I went to school in Peoria so I saw a lot of his games. He really needs to put on some weight if he is really contemplating a jump. IMO I don't think he should go because Duke has a great weight program but jumping after a year or two would be fine for his development.

·
Premium Member
6,992 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

Livingston sounds like an interesting prospect. I am hoping he comes out and maybe Orlando gets a late shot at grabbing him. Supposedly a 6'7" true point.
Accurding to Ford he is a true point guard even more so than James was during HS. I also like Livingston as a NBA prospect and feel that he will be the number two PG in the draft if he declares and could go between 10-15.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts