Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some more new faces for their 2004 mock (updated 1-22):

Shawn Livingston debuts at #7(!) I heard he snuck into Hoops Gym and "held his own" against NBA pros.

They have Telfair at #22. You have to think if he was on the board for say the Lakers, Mavs, or Kings, that they would jump at the chance to take him.

Some others who's stock seems to be changing:

Going Up:

Pavel Podkolzine
Jameer Nelson (the more I watch him, the more I like him)
Josh Childress
Luke Jackson
Sasha Vujacic
Blake Stepp
Delonte Holland
Andre Emmett (is playing great again this year and has improved his shooting a great deal; I think he's still underrated)

Going Down:

Hakim Warrick (maybe scouts are finally realizing this kid has no outside shot whatsoever)
Kosta Perovic
Christian Drejer (I still think he will go somewhere in the 1st)
Darius Rice
Arthur Johnson
Ricky Paulding
Romain Sato
Matt Freije (started out hot, but don't know if scoring ability will carry him into 1st round)
Marcus Moore
James Moore (NM State)

Granted it's still early and nothing is for sure, but it's interesting to see how easily one's stock can change w/ just a couple good/bad games. I think Nbadraft.net is by far the best mock on the web, and I have faith in their reasoning/judgement.

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
And Raymond Felton is nowhere to be found......

·
Registered
721 Posts
New NBAdraft.net mock draft....

They have Livingston going at #7...but didnt he declare to Duke already??

So that makes 3 of the top 7 picks straight out of high school. And it brings the total number of high schoolers in the 1st round to 6...Telfair among them...

Persoanlly i dont think Livingston or Telfair are ready for the big time just yet. Its nearly impossible for Pg's to make the jump if their names arnt Lebron.

It shall be interesting to see how it actually plays out..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've found some ridiculous(not sure about the spelling) things in this rating. For examle Viktor Khryapa is only 31st in your rating - he is the most talented player in Russia, but Sergey Monya, Ivan Chiriaev and Pavel Podkolzin are much higher than him. Not sure about Chiriaev(he moved out too much time ago) But Podkolzin's only adv - is his size - he doesn't play more than 10 mins in very weak italian Vareze. Monya and Khryapa both are SF and both playing in CSKA and Khryapa is player from starting5. Monya is just a benchplayer.

·
Registered
318 Posts
nbadraft.net also shows that 16 (over half) of the guys in the 1st round are from high school or from another country. kind of starting to feel sorry for all the guys in college they get picked less and less every year.

:no:

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Well, that´s the NBA for you... Draftees are being drafted almost solely on potential, college players are more likely to go to Europe than the NBA...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Id like to see tiago splitter go too the bocats if the would trade the suns and get there two picks also Where is Ray Felton and would take him with the other!

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by <b>BrandinKnightFan3</b>!
Id like to see tiago splitter go too the bocats if the would trade the suns and get there two picks also Where is Ray Felton and would take him with the other!
The Suns need size, and you gotta imagine that Howard, Okafor, and Pavel will be gone. I don't know if the Suns would trade 2 first rounders for any other guys. I think if the Suns do trade, they would deal w/ a team in the top 3 so they could land one of the 3 bigs (preferably Pavel).

The Suns will be solid next year at each position but C and maybe backup SF. Regardless, the Suns are in a great position for the draft and have lots of options. Hell, the Suns could get a top 3 pick, and if so, they wouldn't have to deal. We have to wait until they do the lottery to see the actual order, and then we can seriously start talking about trading up or down.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Monya and Khryapa both are SF and both playing in CSKA and Khryapa is player from starting5. Monya is just a benchplayer.
From what I've seen Hryapa is better than Monya, but it's still quite some time till the draft day, you can't expect all predictions will be perfect.

He won't declare yet- imo.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
if shaun livingston goes to the draft, he will fail period... he doesnt have the body for the pros... he's gonna get beat up at the college level for a while... i think he needs at least 2 years at duke under coach K before he can become teh next Duke NBA bust, at least then he wont get his *** physically kicked as bad

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Livingston could def be a lottery pick. He is very light, but is no doubt the best PG in the nation. He is 6'7 and is a PG. That plus his potential alone would put him in the lottery. If Ndudi Ebi 6-10 190 PF can go in the 1st round, so can Shaun. The kid has game to burn and can handle his own against the bigger PGs.

·
Pat Burke's Hair Tonic
513 Posts
I dont know whether or not Robert Swift will make the jump; he's already committed to USC, but has flirted with the idea of NBA. He's a monster!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts