Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They guess that the wizards pick is going to be the 3rd pick and they will pick Josh Smith, a 6-8 Highschool SF. 4th pick they think will be Pavel. I don't understand the reasoning behind this, why would we pick a SF when we already have Stackhouse as a SF (yea not really legit, but a SF none the less) and Jarvis Hayes who will probably become a good player. Haywood is showing 0 consistency and is still terrible. I feel that we should pick a PF or C depending on if we want to keep kwame at the C position or not. Why don't they see we want Pavel probably?

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Right now Nbadraft.net does not go by needs, but player rankings so in this case they believe Josh Smith is a better player than Pavel. It will change later on in the year when it gets closer to draft day.

·
Registered
313 Posts
No more high schoolers. I think there's going to be a rush on the young kids this year since the GMs see LeBron playing so well, but these kids are nothing like LeBron. Trends are set every year from the draft- after Kwame's class of high schoolers did poorly, GMs shied away from the kids, selecting only one high schooler in the entire draft (Amare).

Okafor would be ideal.
A big center has to be tops on our list, we are set at the other positions. This makes Pavel a possible pick, but I was thrilled with him last year, he had a stress fracture in his foot, that's why he dropped out. Plus, I know nothing about his game, all I know is that he is 7'5". Reports just say 'This guy is BIG. That's all you need to know.' So from that, basically, I can assume that if he were 6'8" he'd wouldn't be playing basketball, because that would no longer make him big. I want to hear things like 'He's got a dead on hook shot with either hand from anywhere in the paint...great free throw shooter...blocks 8 shots a game.' Once an analyst tells me that, I'll be more comfortable with him as a draft pick.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, i agree with you, people saw him hit 3 pointers and they said "Wow a 7'5" who can make 3's, he's a superstar" Okafor is an ideal pick your right, we probably want to keep kwame at Center and put okafor at PF, or we could switch them around since the PF in our offense i think requires some pretty good dribbling skills.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts