Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Troy Murphy Trade Idea

Troy Murphy has a $10mil per contract. He 'aint cheap! That said, he's a darn good player that makes a difference in the clutch when he's healthy and playing. The question so-far is about being injury prone? How often do you get the benefit of his services? ... And how will it go in the future? S'pose that's what insurance's for. Consult your local Swami for the answers, but if you move Collins and Jackson, you've got a salary match for Troy Murphy. Throw in a pick if you really want him. On top of it, Murphy is a local NJ product. He might stick around.

Melvin Ely (.34 FG%) and Chris Wilcox have always been teases, but make more sense money-wise. On the other hand, how do you give up a valuable pick for someone shooting .34 (as in the case of Ely)? Wilcox is only hitting half his free-throws (.54%). His playing time goes down as Brand's performance improves. I think both'd help as long as they come cheap. Both have been through the Clipper mill. Ely is a smoother player and Wilcox stronger. Ely can have some nice overall games, though. I guess it gets down to who comes cheapest and who the NETS really want. :angel:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: Troy Murphy Trade Idea

Collins & Murphy are both BYC, no? And I doubt Warriors want MarcJax back.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

The key for GSW is the pick. They want to get another PF in the draft because Murphy wants out and is not always available due to injury. You're right about M-Jax, but they can always move him for value as one of the pieces of the deal. Collins' major contribution to the NETS is the dirty work that allows his fellow players to pick up nightly double-doubles and triple doubles. He's a stat sacrifice player for the NETS. That's why everyone loves him and wants him on the team - to bolster their own stats. He's overhyped for his D and intangibles, but at $5mil per, that's a bit steep. On the other hand, every team needs a Twin. Just wish his salary slot was more consistently productive and reliable in a significant way in the big games.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts

NBASCOUT2005 said:
They want to get another PF in the draft because Murphy wants out and is not always available due to injury.
Since when does Murphy want out?

Anyways your trade is terrible and one sided. In addition, we just drafted another PF in the draft this year and Murph is signed long term and doing well.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts

You didn't address the BYC issues, and Warriors selected 2 PFs in the '05 draft.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Solution To Nets Pf Problem ...

Bring in Illic in Midseason and move Krstic to PF. Pick-up Wilcox or Ely for no more than a 2nd rounder or two and some cash to fill in during the interim. Hang on to the two first round picks and draft a pair of the best available rebounding, shot blocking defensive big men who can score, such as, Aldridge, Williams, Boone or McRoberts or Fazekas to fill the PF slot. If that doesn't solve the problem, bring in KG for J-Kidd. That's a fair trade and draft a great PG or two. :clap:

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Mr.Montross said:
You didn't address the BYC issues, and Warriors selected 2 PFs in the '05 draft.
Yeah, why do you think they drafted two PFs in the most recent draft?

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

halfbreed said:
Since when does Murphy want out?

Anyways your trade is terrible and one sided. In addition, we just drafted another PF in the draft this year and Murph is signed long term and doing well.
I don't divulge my sources. Consider I heard it from his grandma. I know as a Warriors fan you'd love him to stay. Unfortunately, he's going 'bye-bye.' The Clipper's lottery pick is enticing. That's not one-sided, is it?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts

Because they were hoping for a PF with an inside game that plays defense?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Re: Solution To Nets Pf Problem ...

wrong thread

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RJ, M-JAX & TWIN (+ pick) for KG? WEIGH IN?

I'm not necessarily endorsing this trade, but I'm curious as to NETS fans demeanor on this? :biggrin: or :curse: Let's hear it? Sound off!

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Re: RJ, M-JAX & TWIN (+ pick) for KG? WEIGH IN?

no

·
Banned
845 Posts

I'd do this in a heartbeat, though I doubt Minny does. I think a fair trade is: Vince, MJAX, Jeff, Wright, Clipps for KG and Hassel.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts

Troy Murphy is my 2nd favorite player in the league...if we could get our hands on him, I'd probably like this Nets team more than I liked the '01 Raptors.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts

NBASCOUT2005 said:
I don't divulge my sources. Consider I heard it from his grandma. I know as a Warriors fan you'd love him to stay. Unfortunately, he's going 'bye-bye.' The Clipper's lottery pick is enticing. That's not one-sided, is it?
Whatever. A lot of people claim to be insiders nowadays, and none of what they say ever comes true. I severely doubt you are an insider.

The Warriors would never make a trade for "the future" (if you consider the future a non-lottery pick in a horrible draft) when they are trying hard to make the playoffs. There's no way they are gonna take a step back now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts