Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

NBAtv could be a much better channel

699 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Gonzo 
#1 ·
First of all, if they insist on having an "association" show they have to choose a better team.

Why waste camera and production time...new move or not no one wants to watch the Nets. Like even their stars are the blandest personalities...they have Kris Humphries and don't even utilize his storylines like they should...don't just be hokey and follow them practicing and at home playing video games, be more like Hard Knocks. It feels like watching a PSA.

They should split time between the Lakers/Heat, and alternate every other week. That show could jump from just a filler show to a program that people will actually tune into NBA TV to watch. Who wouldn't tune in to get a inside glimpse of the Heat or the Lakers...LeBron and Wade...Chris Bosh and his unintentional comedy....Metta World Peace being himself..Dwight Howard trying to imitate every one...that's actually entertaining TV and something the average fan would watch. They do want people to watch right?

Then the open court show is great but to keep it from being stale they should bring in new veterans and HOFers with EJ every episode and only save the TNT guys for every so often.

Then you have a PTI/Around the Horn type show every day with engaging journalists...

Show classic games with teams that are unsung (play say the Bucks/Sixers series sometimes...Run TMC...early 00s Western Conference games)

That's automatically better than what the channel is now which seems like something the NBA has just to have. Hopefully when Adam Silver becomes commissioner that will be on his agenda.

I mean it's not a big deal but seeing as how I just have my TV on them all day while I do other stuff I'd at least want to be distracted by it. Don't just show the same old reruns all day.

See less See more
#2 ·
Utilize Humphries' storylines? Dude, you want it to be VH1? Plus, that whole event is over. He's back to being Kris Humphries.

And the Heat didn't want a camera following them behind closed doors. They're already a private organization, and have had enough of the spotlight over the last couple of years. The Lakers already have a reality show on TW called Backstage or some shit. I'm sure you can find it on youtube.

I do agree NBATV should be a lot better, though, and find Open Court severely overrated.

#7 ·
Lakers have a backstage show. I honestly don't really enjoy it.

Edit- see others beat me to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

#8 ·
Everything you mention costs money. Why would you have a PTI show when ESPN already has one and its quite good. Copying another channel does nothing but, waste money. Remember the Fox studio show ? Neither do most people. CBS has a new channel that I don't watch. We don't need another.

NFL Network puts them all to shame

#9 ·
I'd ideally like to see actual analysis surrounded by rotating highlights.. of EVERY game, not the select few they tend to throw on constant rotation.

Open Court isn't bad at all, minus the fact that Shaq is still being put on television to ruin conversations in the most awkward way possible. Problem is, this is their best developed show and it airs once a week -- which then also goes into endless rotation.

NFL Network wins battle of the networks, no doubt

#11 ·
Back about 11-12 years ago I used to enjoy a call in show they had on NBA TV. I used to watch religiously and even called 6 times. Not sure why they did away with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.