Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shocked this hasn't been a topic yet! Three A-10 coaches names are being discussed heavily on the NC St. boards. The names are Whit, which should be fairly obvious due to his legacy as a player there, Sean Miller and Lutz.

All three are viewed as second tier guys and aren't getting much buzz. They are however dreaming about the likes of Larry Brown, Bobby Knight, Jay Wright, Thad Matta and John Calipari (no too far-fetched on Cal). I think Whit still has much to prove at this level before he is considered for this, his dream job. Miller is still too young, but Lutz could be an interesting name thrown out there.

Thoughts...

· Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tintin said:
State will chase the flavor of the month coach after failing with the Pitino's and Barnes' of the world.
State still thinks that it's 1983 and that every coach in America dreams about going there.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bagged Calipari.

Tintin
I assume you don't think of Calipari as "the flavor of the month". I think he may just be the man for them now that Memphis lacks the power conference behind them.

Afetr reading some of the NC State board it amazes me what they expect. They had a coach that ran a clean program and made the tourney 9 out of 10 years if I'm not mistaken. The fans there practically ran him out of town. I hope he does well at ASU.

· Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Don't want to get too involved in the UNCC/UMASS pissing match, but I think I have a name out there from a non-BCS school that is on par with Calipari.

How about Majerus from Utah? I am far too lazy and tired to look up his stats, but I would think they should be good. Now if the question was what current coach, then I can only come up with the aforementioned obvious guy in Few.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.