Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching PTI today and Wilbon had a great idea. He said that the NCAA should consider adopting some of the international rules for hoops. Not only would this move the three-point line back (something we all know needs to be done), but it would also prepare the players for international competition. What do you think?

·
Registered
221 Posts
AZwildcats4 said:
I was watching PTI today and Wilbon had a great idea. He said that the NCAA should consider adopting some of the international rules for hoops. Not only would this move the three-point line back (something we all know needs to be done), but it would also prepare the players for international competition. What do you think?
No

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
:puke:

college basketball is unique and it's great the way it is. don't turn it into something else.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yes move the three point line back, but leave everything else alone.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
then all you people would whine cause Redick would be the only player to consistently shoot from 3

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
I think the falling out of bounds timeouts are pretty rediculous....

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Three point line should be moved back. That shot is like a layup for many players these days, and it shouldn't be worth 50% more points as it is now.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Mvoing the 3point line back would definetly have hurt west virginia. There would have been no way that the game was that close if the 3point line was back a couple feet.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
It's not Wilbon's idea, I've been hearing this for a few years now and I think some conferences were even going to experiment with International Rules in exhibitions and stuff.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
The only rule change I will agree with that I have seen on here is the arrow. Let them jump it up for sure. I don't want to see international rules hit the college game. If I wanted that I would watch the international game in the first place.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
AZwildcats4 said:
I've always thought highschool, college, and international had the same 19.9 ft. 3 point line.

·
Registered
458 Posts
3 Point Line:
Pro: Allows the less-talented teams to stay in the game with the Dukes of the world

Con: The shot has become a crutch, and the move from the NCAA's to the NBA is huge.

I say move it back, but only by a foot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts