Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Banned
675 Posts
the dunk contest is 7pm EST on thursday, shown on tape delay at 9pm on ESPN. Expect it to be re-aired a few times friday and saturday on espn and espn2.

i assume the 3 point shootout is right before or after that, but it's just a guess

· Registered
1,483 Posts
Does anybody know if James White is in it? If he's not in it the best contest dunker on earth isn't in it. The boy can put it through his legs from the free throw line, nuff said.

· Banned
675 Posts
Kmasonbx said:
Does anybody know if James White is in it? If he's not in it the best contest dunker on earth isn't in it. The boy can put it through his legs from the free throw line, nuff said.
James White (cinci)
Vincent Grier (minnesota)
rodney carney (memphis)
david noel (unc)
maurice ager (msu)

i know those 5 are supposed to be in it

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
iverson101 said:
James White (cinci)
Vincent Grier (minnesota)
rodney carney (memphis)
david noel (unc)
maurice ager (msu)

i know those 5 are supposed to be in it
thats a good list of dunkers, all its missing is hasan adams, are only seniors aloud to compete in these events?

· Registered
1,483 Posts
Guillermo Diaz rises to, in high school they said he had a 50 inch vert, but that was obviously bogus. But he's definitely in the 40-42 range. I wish he were in it.

Glad to see White is in it, thanks for the list.

· Banned
675 Posts
Kmasonbx said:
Guillermo Diaz rises to, in high school they said he had a 50 inch vert, but that was obviously bogus. But he's definitely in the 40-42 range. I wish he were in it.

Glad to see White is in it, thanks for the list.
Ever since his injury, he has never gotten as high or been quite as explosive as he was in previous years. That could be a huge issue as he's trying to enter the draft this year.

· Premium Member
27,243 Posts
The line-up of senior standouts joining Butler sharpshooter Bruce Horan at the 18th Annual Dell College Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships has been finalized. The premier event, which has come to be recognized as the tip-off of Final Four weekend, is slated for 7 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, March 30 at Hinkle Fieldhouse on the Butler University campus in Indianapolis. The event is being produced by Intersport, a Chicago-based media group, and will be televised by ESPN on a tape-delayed basis Thursday at 9 p.m. (EST).

Horan's competition in the men's three-point contest includes Kevin Pittsnogle (West Virginia), Illinois' Dee Brown and Keydren Clark of Saint Peter's. The dunk contest includes James White (Cincinnati), Rodney Carney of Memphis and Northwest High School in Indianapolis, Michigan State's Maurice Ager and David Noel of North Carolina. Rutgers' Cappie Pondexter and Megan Duffy of Notre Dame headline the women's three-point competition. The winners of the men's and women's shootouts will meet in a heads-up match as well.

Men's 3-pt. Contest
Dee Brown, Illinois
Keydren Clark, Saint Peter's
Justin Gray, Wake Forest
Bruce Horan, Butler
Jeff Horner, Iowa
Steve Novak, Marquette
Kevin Pittsnogle, West Virginia
Chris Quinn, Notre Dame

Women's 3-pt. Contest
Nikki Blue, UCLA
Lindsay Bowen, Michigan State
Megan Duffy, Notre Dame
Erin Grant, Texas Tech
Tamara James, Miami (Fla.)
Julie Larsen, Utah
Cappie Pondexter, Rutgers
Krista Rappahahn, Stanford

Dunk Contest
Maurice Ager, Michigan State
Rodney Carney, Memphis
Vincent Grier, Minnesota
Erroll Knight, Gonzaga
David Noel, North Carolina
James White, Cincinnati
Elgrace Wilborn, Western Kentucky
Lawrence Wright, Bradley

http://butlersports.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/032906aaa.html

· Premium Member
27,243 Posts
Novak with 19
Quinn and Clark with 17
Brown, Pittsnoggle, and Gray with 16
Horan and Horner with 15

Steve Novak, Keydren Clark, Chris Quinn, Dee Brown (tiebreaker was most moneyballs, Dee with 4) advance to final 4

Final 4:
Steve Novak - 21 (on fire from mid rack on)
Chris Quinn - 17 (on fire except the middle rack)
Keydren Clark - 17 (moneyball on last rack at the buzzer)
Dee Brown - 13 (struggled with first two racks)

· Premium Member
27,243 Posts
Steve Novak 24 d. Chris Quinn 18 in the FINALS!!!

LoL I'm such a baby.. tearing up seeing Dee.. he's getting quite a bit of camera time tonight.. he deserves it.. cheering everyone on, saluting the crowd, high fiving all the little kids getting balls, joking and talking with the refs, cheering on every of the women players.. I'll miss him :cry:

Bowen probably gonna win here..

Wowie Rappahan had 19.. Good luck Bowen!

:jawdrop:

NASTY BOWEN!!!

WOW!!

Bowen wins 20-19!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.