Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
101 - 120 of 195 Posts

· Registered
2,386 Posts
Obviously very happy for FDU and the press it gives the NEC, but there is a reason these things are so rare. I'm still in shock that everything fell in place.

That was just a fantastic gameplan by Tobin for the matchup. Purdue was a deeply flawed #1 and their players wilted the bright lights. FDU came out aggressive with nothing to lose. This was a 22-point spread.

What is best about wins like tonight and UMBC, Vermont, etc. is that it becomes a "possibility" for the rest of us. There is nothing better than the underdog story and watching your small school win on a big stage!

· Registered
2,479 Posts
What a fun night in Columbus! Decided since I had saved $ on my UVM tix to splurge on the nightcap figuring I wouldn't be seeing a number one seed play very often. It was worth it 😂. Was in the middle of a Purdue section and you could just feel the vibes shift as the game got later and later and more of the arena started backing FDU.

The nightcap was also back and forth (this time stuck in the middle of a Memphis section while secretly backing FAU). Feel bad for Memphis, that non timeout was brutal but when your team is fighting against itself in the huddle, probably only yourself to largely blame for how things have turned out.

Product Blue Hat Shorts Fan

· Registered
308 Posts
Congrats FDU, such a win for them and the NEC! Look at us northeast conferences holding the only two 16 over 1 seed matches….. I admit, I didn’t have Purdue going far, had them getting bounced in the next round, such an overrrated one seed IMHO. Still not taking away from FDU, really impressive win.

101 - 120 of 195 Posts