Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i will start a thread on every day's activities up till the end of the tourney. :clap:

So far we have 2 upsets in pacific over pitt and wis-mil over alabama :clap:

Than an emotional game at the end for Mendez and niagara but the talent was just too little and they lost to ok. He was damn impressive with 22 and 15 and got a standing ovation which merits another :clap: for a crazy career.
Finally kentucky actually got somewhat of a challege but managed to win

Second slate of games are on now so time to reintroduce my *** to my couch and i'll update this later. Feel free to add anything you guys want

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Pacific beating Pitt wasnt an upset in my eyes...Pacific lost just 3 games this year and historically have been a strong team in March...Pitt has been very inconsistent this year....reason why we may think of it as an upset is because of our east coast bias...

Mendez really showed that he can hang with some stiff competition...congrats to him on a decorated career in division I...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Mendez looked really good, I think he can play in the NBA.
I hope the raps pick him in the second round and give the guy a shot.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Mendez did try to force things a bit, shooting 6-20. On a positive spin, alot of his shots, were on a solid post moves that he just missed. Couple of nice dunks. He's a second rounder for sure (or should be)

Taj Gray lived up to my billing. 13 pts, 13 rebs in, some really nice interior passes in 21 minutes of floor time - HE IS THE BEST BIG MAN THAT I HAVE SEEN IN THE COUNTRY AT RUNNING THE FLOOR (I have also seem him in games against Duke and UConn). Much, much better then Hakim Warrick at this.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
NeoSamurai said:
Pacific beating Pitt wasnt an upset in my eyes...Pacific lost just 3 games this year and historically have been a strong team in March...Pitt has been very inconsistent this year....reason why we may think of it as an upset is because of our east coast bias...
Before today, Pacific had played in two tournaments over the last twenty years and had won one game against Providence last year. Not much of a history. (FYI, they are the 149th best team in the last 20 years, in my exclusive rankings).

Your right though that Pitt losing is not an upset at all. Pitt has some great wins which has skewed there reputation all year-long - beat Syracuse twice, demolished BC. But they had some pretty horrid losses as well (at St. John's, home vs Bucknell). Pitt is the type of team that could have beat a #1 seed, but they were too inconsistent to prove it.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
My cousin goes to Pacific! :rbanana: He's not tall (or good) enough for the Bball team, though. I picked the UW-Milwaukee upset, but on the other hand I picked Niagara to win their game. Stupid I know, but I think Mendez is a good NBA prospect and can't bear to root against a team with a name like the Purple Eagles. :laugh:

·
Registered
603 Posts
JuniorNoboa said:
Mendez did try to force things a bit, shooting 6-20. On a positive spin, alot of his shots, were on a solid post moves that he just missed. Couple of nice dunks. He's a second rounder for sure (or should be)
I agree with Mendez trying to force things. In the second half, he tried to push through double teams. He took some really awkward shots that really shouldn't haven been taken, whether they went in or not. But it wasn't really his fault because the rest of the team looked really lost on both defense and offense. On D, they were just standing around and didn't look like they were putting in effort at all.
They needed to take their time on offense. I gotta give credit to Oklahoma's D though, they really shut down Niagara in the second half. I think Niagara took a total of 3 GOOD shots in the second half. The rest were a jacked up 3 or forced in the paint. Their mid range was completely taken away.

Damn my picks aren't going too well lol. I had UTEP and Pitt both going to the regional semis. It's all good though, I picked more on personal favourites then actual better teams. (That explains my Arizona-UConn final :biggrin: )

·
bbb
4,548 Posts
Aw...Niagra lost...but...
It's a good thing that I didn't pick em...

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Budweiser_Boy said:
I picked Pitt... dammit... that and Texas are the only ones I've gotten wrong so far.

Go West Virginia, Illinois, UCLA, and UAB!
[strike]Pitt
Alabama
Texas[/strike]

My bracket took a good hit today.
I actually had 'bama upsetting Boston College in the second round.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UAB ows LSU and Same for T.Tech over UCLA.

No other upsets surprise wins but that creighton w.virginia game was crazy. I think the most exciting.

Lets take a poll, most exciting game so far???? Discuss :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
The most exciting period of the day was between 7:50 and 8:30, when you started to think that two 14's and a 15 could win. Then the Zags, Zona, and Wake finally got it going.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
JuniorNoboa said:
The most exciting period of the day was between 7:50 and 8:30, when you started to think that two 14's and a 15 could win. Then the Zags, Zona, and Wake finally got it going.
Nearly had creighton. Damn. Had the armpitts too.

Whats up with the scoring on the site. A bunch of us have zero.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts