Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ebi just almost threw down a big dunk over 7'5" Slavko Vranes in garbage time, and drew the foul... his teammates were cheering and laughing on the bench.

Probably the play of the game. :sleep:

·
Registered
103 Posts
both wont be in the league after their contracts run out...Vranes, from what I've seen and heard is a stuff, and Ebi is so fundamentally raw...all he has is athleticism really...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!
Ebi just almost threw down a big dunk over 7'5" Slavko Vranes in garbage time, and drew the foul... his teammates were cheering and laughing on the bench.

Probably the play of the game. :sleep:
its just both sad and happy to see any guy on a 10 day contract out there trying to do everything, trying to impress, even on the expense of their own pride, and what an attitude !! he doesnt care if he gets dunk on 10000000000 times, now thats the spirit !!!!!!

by the way is he the tallest guy ever on a 10 day contract ?????
how can anyone with this kind of size be this cheap ?????
7-5 guy who can walk while chew gum dont come very often in any days of age, let alone with excellent agility and athleticsm slavko exhibited.
as long as a guy 7-3 and above that can run, should have no problem get a contract 1 mil and up base on the size alone, dont you think so ?? consider how rare and difficult it is to find anyone with that size and agility.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HoustonHoopa33</b>!
both wont be in the league after their contracts run out...Vranes, from what I've seen and heard is a stuff, and Ebi is so fundamentally raw...all he has is athleticism really...
stuff ?? i believe what you are trying to say is "stiff" ?? and if thats what you think after seen it, then i guess you have some eye problem, slavko runs the floor just as fast as yao ming if not faster, hes not a stiff at all, but dude has little, if any skills, but it hardly matter, just think shawn bradley.
at the very least he should have no problem develop into shawn bradley type of player, he has all the physical tools and soft hands and if he ever develop a 15 footer, watch out !!!!!!
any guy that tall with that kind of athleticsm should have no trouble find a job in the league.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Slavko Vranes needs to gain about 4,000 pounds in order to be an effective player... I think the breeze created by guards blowing by him would be enough to knock him over right now.

He's really young... I don't think he should have come to the NBA so young. He should have stayed wherever he was and put on some more weight first.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HoustonHoopa33</b>!
And still Darius Miles is still in the league, so that means anyone can stay. Ive never seen him play personally but thats what I figured from him.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I saw Ebi in the McDonald's game I thought he had a good natural feel of the game... I haven't seen him much in the NBA, but I still sort of think he's a real player, even though he's inexperienced right now. I don't think he's just an athlete. Something about him in the McDonald's game made me think "Scottie Pippen." They'll have to teach him a lot, though.

·
Registered
362 Posts
KIMCHI sorry, i cant tell if you are being sarcastic or not. this is the first positive things i have ever read about him, so can you just clear it up if you were being sarcastic since i didnt get to see him play?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Red_Bandit</b>!
KIMCHI sorry, i cant tell if you are being sarcastic or not. this is the first positive things i have ever read about him, so can you just clear it up if you were being sarcastic since i didnt get to see him play?
my comments about him was neither positive or negative, its just based on how he perform during the course of the game, hes not as slow as those guys in this site claimed, he didnt look that skinny, hes a lot thicker than kg but is weaker than he appears.
foot speed excellent, jumping ability ok (better than yao ming), soft hands, horrible shooting mechenics, no range, cant rebound (timing problem), cant block (timing problem), cant put the ball on the floor, has all the physical tools to become a good center in this leage (ha !! potential !! who doesnt have that nowadays), time will tell how hard he will work on his game and how much he is able to progress.

in a nutshell : a super tall athletic PROJECT

·
Registered
435 Posts
When I saw Ebi in the McDonald's game I thought he had a good natural feel of the game... I haven't seen him much in the NBA, but I still sort of think he's a real player, even though he's inexperienced right now. I don't think he's just an athlete. Something about him in the McDonald's game made me think "Scottie Pippen." They'll have to teach him a lot, though.
ebi is closer to darius miles than scottie pippen with due all respect, like d miles, he has endless bound of potential, and that is all he is right now.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think Darius Miles has so much potential... it's not like he has some skills to build on or a feel for the game. He's nothing but a tall guy who can jump.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't think Darius Miles has so much potential... it's not like he has some skills to build on or a feel for the game. He's nothing but a tall guy who can jump.
ebi has yet to average more than 1 point per game so far compare to d miles' 9.1 ppg in his rookie year.
i guess you can say ebi has more potential and feel about this
game than d miles right ??
just like d miles, his stats is preplexing due to numerous of factors (lack of playing time, poor shooting, to name a few).
right now ebi is also nothing but a tall guy who can jump, like a coin has 2 side, he can turn out either way.
to say d miles has no skills to build on or no feel for the game is completely absurd, its more like hes contend to be the way he is right now than fully ultilize his potential, cant say the same about ebi because this is his first season, ebi right now is a lot like d miles in his rookie year, a wait-and-see type of year.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PennyHardaway</b>!
ive been watching basketball for a really long time, and ill tell you this, slavko vranes is the worst player to ever play proffesional basketball
I sign on this. I second that. I agree on this 110%.

Vranes is the worst player ever to play proffesion basketball. I havent seen him for a year, but what I saw in two games when he was playing in Europe last season cant just dissapear from the mind. Before one game I was standing near the court while teams were warming-up, I was looking at him with my mouth opened and was amazed "wtf this electrician is doing on the court" and that was just in warm-up. In the game all people were laughing at that clown (I mean not the looks, but from his playing, if that can be called playing).

He cant jump, he cant shoot, he cant do anything, he moves like a robot and has no cordination. Thats what NBA player has to be:confused:

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I don't know how many times I stated before the draft especially in my prospects reports that Ebi and Outlaw should go to college and develop their physique and mental approach to the game. Ebi is a player with immense potential. He is ultra athletic, can block shots out of nowhere, but as some people have noted...although he did show he had the ability to shoot with range in HS I always thought that he would not be able to exploit that in the pros as easily. If Ebi went to college he would be given more time to refine that part of his game or improved and introduced other aspects to his game especially once he defines his position. Which consequently is Miles' biggest problem. Ebi has enough potential to be another Marion-type player but he is still lightyears apart from that. Hopefully KG will show him the ropes but by playing on a competitive team such as the Wolves, Ebi will not get a lot of playing now or even the near future. Time will tell how he develops...I just hope that his potential is not squandered by not going to college. One factor I guess that made teams like the Wolves to be interested in Ebi during the draft is his work ethic...he is relentless.

As for Slavko...I still have NO IDEA why some people compared him to Muresan. If people just compare because of height then Yao should have been compared to Bradley. Muresan and Slavko are worlds apart in terms of skill and I have said this before last year's draft. Which incidently is my current conflict with people comparing Ha to Yao. Slavko has no game other than his height which goes to prove that not all players with height can play the game. Comparing Slavko to Ebi is a joke in terms of potential and actual skill.

As for Miles. He had unbelievable potential coming into the NBA. He was compared to both TMac and KG, although he looked like a TMac to me. Infact, in Miles' rookie year he showed more skill IMO than TMac in his first two seasons. The difference is that TMac defined his position, defined his role, improved his game (most improved player that I have EVER watched), and more importantly expanded his game. Miles has NOT. He is definitely a bust. Does that mean he can't be a good player? No because like every young player he still has time and of course that word potential always is brought up. Hopefully, Kwame doesn't follow the path as Miles has taken because I am very disappointed in Kwame's progress this season.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KIMCHI</b>!

ebi has yet to average more than 1 point per game so far compare to d miles' 9.1 ppg in his rookie year.
i guess you can say ebi has more potential and feel about this
game than d miles right ??
just like d miles, his stats is preplexing due to numerous of factors (lack of playing time, poor shooting, to name a few).
right now ebi is also nothing but a tall guy who can jump, like a coin has 2 side, he can turn out either way.
to say d miles has no skills to build on or no feel for the game is completely absurd, its more like hes contend to be the way he is right now than fully ultilize his potential, cant say the same about ebi because this is his first season, ebi right now is a lot like d miles in his rookie year, a wait-and-see type of year.
I'm not exactly understanding your post in reference to your reply to the other posters post. While I get what you are saying you have to realize both were drafted into different situations. Miles went in knowing he would be getting minutes on a perenially bad Clipper team and all he had to do was get out on the break and dunk the ball and play some defense. Ebi on the other hand wasnt drafted to be counted on for this season or next. He is/was drafted as a project, someone that will be brought along slowly. The few minutes he is out there you see that hes got talent. In Minnesota they talk about how much better he gets in practice every day but that doesnt neccesarily equate to minutes on a playoff team trying to make a run at the Championship. Flip Saunders is an excellent coach and he knows what hes doing in terms of Ebi and I can guarantee Ebi will have a better career than Miles. Why? 2 totally different work ethics. Miles came in and probably still think hes a superstar:rolleyes: While on the other hand Ebi wants to keep improving.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!

I'm not exactly understanding your post in reference to your reply to the other posters post. While I get what you are saying you have to realize both were drafted into different situations. Miles went in knowing he would be getting minutes on a perenially bad Clipper team and all he had to do was get out on the break and dunk the ball and play some defense. Ebi on the other hand wasnt drafted to be counted on for this season or next. He is/was drafted as a project, someone that will be brought along slowly. The few minutes he is out there you see that hes got talent. In Minnesota they talk about how much better he gets in practice every day but that doesnt neccesarily equate to minutes on a playoff team trying to make a run at the Championship. Flip Saunders is an excellent coach and he knows what hes doing in terms of Ebi and I can guarantee Ebi will have a better career than Miles. Why? 2 totally different work ethics. Miles came in and probably still think hes a superstar:rolleyes: While on the other hand Ebi wants to keep improving.
the focal point of my post is, ebi and d miles both are project, both have scary amount of potential, and while d miles contend to be average, ebi on the other hand wanted to improve his game, but you never know what will happen in the far future, he might come back next year decided d miles will be his role model and contend to be just like him and make ME look like an idiot :rolleyes:
i guess we'll have to stay tune and see whats going to happen.
if i have to make a bet i sure will count on ebi put up better stats than d miles within 2 years given similar amount of playing time.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bball_Doctor</b>!
I don't know how many times I stated before the draft especially in my prospects reports that Ebi and Outlaw should go to college and develop their physique and mental approach to the game. Ebi is a player with immense potential. He is ultra athletic, can block shots out of nowhere, but as some people have noted...although he did show he had the ability to shoot with range in HS I always thought that he would not be able to exploit that in the pros as easily. If Ebi went to college he would be given more time to refine that part of his game or improved and introduced other aspects to his game especially once he defines his position. Which consequently is Miles' biggest problem. Ebi has enough potential to be another Marion-type player but he is still lightyears apart from that. Hopefully KG will show him the ropes but by playing on a competitive team such as the Wolves, Ebi will not get a lot of playing now or even the near future. Time will tell how he develops...I just hope that his potential is not squandered by not going to college. One factor I guess that made teams like the Wolves to be interested in Ebi during the draft is his work ethic...he is relentless.

As for Slavko...I still have NO IDEA why some people compared him to Muresan. If people just compare because of height then Yao should have been compared to Bradley. Muresan and Slavko are worlds apart in terms of skill and I have said this before last year's draft. Which incidently is my current conflict with people comparing Ha to Yao. Slavko has no game other than his height which goes to prove that not all players with height can play the game. Comparing Slavko to Ebi is a joke in terms of potential and actual skill.

As for Miles. He had unbelievable potential coming into the NBA. He was compared to both TMac and KG, although he looked like a TMac to me. Infact, in Miles' rookie year he showed more skill IMO than TMac in his first two seasons. The difference is that TMac defined his position, defined his role, improved his game (most improved player that I have EVER watched), and more importantly expanded his game. Miles has NOT. He is definitely a bust. Does that mean he can't be a good player? No because like every young player he still has time and of course that word potential always is brought up. Hopefully, Kwame doesn't follow the path as Miles has taken because I am very disappointed in Kwame's progress this season.
i just love to read your post, keep up the good work, very detail and well thoughted.
you were refering to HA SEUNG JIN in your post where you stated you had numerous conflicts with people about comparing between him and yao right ?
from what i have seen during the last asian game, yao has dominate ha from the begining of the tip off, ha is a step slower than yao, a notch below yao in terms of strength and condition (all that can be improve given proper amount of training)
and yao has dominated him the way shaq dominated yao himself, and what makes me feel strange is ha looks a lot thicker than yao and yet gets push around by yao in the post, ha is weaker than he appears to be and yao is exactly the opposite, ha's anatomy reminds me of shaq during his lsu days, only 3 inches taller and still growing (i wonder how tall he is right now ?? last time i checked he was listed at 223 cm which is about 7-4 and the doctor said he still have 4 more inches growth left in his bone, so right now he should be almost as tall as yao ming)
he has shaq-like body but wanted to play like yao, weak and passive, agile but slow, like yao and all other asian players, has good fundamentals and good feel for the game, has range in his game but his release is slow as a molassess, which shouldnt be a problem with his height, hes a decent ball handler like yao, developed his handle at an early age when he was smaller (he was 6-6 at junior high and played as a 2)

ha, yao, slavko, bradley and muresan, all are different type of player, but if you have to make a comparison on which player ha most closely resemble in terms of playing style, then ha is closer to yao than slavko, bradley or muresan.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
What a huge mistake Ebi made going pro. He could have gone to Arizona, polished his game and been a lottery pick maybe after only a year or two.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts