Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did anyone catch the Wolves game last night?

In the last minute of action the Wolves gave Ebi a little run. The announcers couldn't stop talking about his work ethic and how Mchale has adopted him much like he did with Garnett. The Wolves ran two isolation plays for Ebi--this kid has skills. He broke down the defense and blew by his man going hard to the hole. He reminded me so much of Garnett with his move: he has the speed and ball skills that you just don't find in someone his size. The crowd was absolutely going nuts as was the bench. He got fouled and on his ft's they panned to Mchale on the sideline. You could just see the intensity in his face. The announcers made the appropriate comments that Mchale wants these to go in more then Ebi does...

It's such a night and day different approach to that of talent development on the Bulls. Everything was so positive and you can tell Ebi's got it--whatever it is that makes a player special. The Wolves have done it again.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
CCCP,

You have a valid point, but Minnesota has devolped KG and now maybe Ebi, where are the other highschool players?
It's a little easier to see kinds flash potential in limited minutes than it is to see kids succeed when they have to produce for the entire game.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Yep. That's how you SHOULD do it. For the most part these high schoolers need to go to the good teams and develop on the bench under good coaching and with the support of their teammates.

Obviously that didn't happen here.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Ndubi Ebi is going to be a very SPECIAL player. He was a guy I talked a whole lot about at draft time. He has the potential of being a real star in this league, shame he isn't on the Bulls...then again, maybe it is better for his sake that he isn't.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
shame he isn't on the Bulls...then again, maybe it is better for his sake that he isn't.
You mean Clippers East?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Work ethic? Hmm.... yeah.... I've heard some young players still have that. :sigh:

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Ebi is a great athlete and a really intriguing prospect. He's got lenght, athleticism, defensive ability. I'm glad he got taken in the first round because he needed to be taken seriously.

That being said, he's averaging 1.9 minutes per game, and he's only played in 16 games so far. He is averaging 0.8 ppg right now. So he's not really getting too much burn.

But I will say this: I do think there is something magic going on in Minnesota, and if you ask me it all stems from KG. This guy may be the perfect leader. He's got every kind of cred you could possibly want: street cred, an MVP coming his way this year if things keep up, the media loves him, his teammates love him. OK, the one kind of cred he doesn't have is 2nd round cred, but that's coming this year, and maybe more. But KG is the perfect blend of a gregarious and funloving teammate and media personality combined with incredible on court tenacity and what is said to be a top notch work ethic. He really drives his team to the highest level in practice.

But when you watch KG and the bench when the TWolves have tucked away their victory already, they go nuts when Ebi gets on the floor. It's clear they love him like a little brother and they want him to do something. So despite the fact that he isn't getting the burn, it's clear he is loved and appreciated.

I love watching Minnesota games.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
They are doing the right thing with Ebi in bringing him along slowly; something that I thought should have been done with Eddy and Tyson. The fact that he is working hard even though he isn't getting any run helps his cause as well. The T-wolves know this and it sounds as though they are working with him and he is responding to it. Portland did the same thing with Jermaine O'neal.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!

But I will say this: I do think there is something magic going on in Minnesota, and if you ask me it all stems from KG. This guy may be the perfect leader. He's got every kind of cred you could possibly want: street cred, an MVP coming his way this year if things keep up, the media loves him, his teammates love him. OK, the one kind of cred he doesn't have is 2nd round cred, but that's coming this year, and maybe more. But KG is the perfect blend of a gregarious and funloving teammate and media personality combined with incredible on court tenacity and what is said to be a top notch work ethic. He really drives his team to the highest level in practice.

But when you watch KG and the bench when the TWolves have tucked away their victory already, they go nuts when Ebi gets on the floor. It's clear they love him like a little brother and they want him to do something. So despite the fact that he isn't getting the burn, it's clear he is loved and appreciated.

I love watching Minnesota games.
Minnesota is the best team in the league now. Why? Because although several of their key pieces are injured (Wallyworld, Kandiman, and Troy is just getting better now), they remain atop the league... and they are a Western team. That gives them every kind of cred.

I think that they DO play like a team. I also think that Garnett is the best player in the league, and still getting better. Now that he has some actual talent around him, he's showing people that it wasn't just about getting better players and taking a load off of him... it was about assembling a real team. Cassell, Sprewell, Garnett... they are all having stellar statistical years.

The former Bulls, Hoiberg and Hassell, are excellent for this team. They are gritty role players that will not be a liability on either end of the floor. The rest of the roster rounds out some very decent role players like Trent, Hudson, Mark Madsen, even Oliver Miller. They play as a serious team, and they are playing to win.

The Lakers won't be able to put it together like the T'Wolves, even when they come off of the IR. Kobe just isn't the same Kobe anymore, and Shaq is having a subpar year.

The Kings have an amazing team dynamic too... I see it coming down to Minny and Sac-town for the WC Finals.

The Spurs can match up well with anyone, but I think it's too much for them to handle.

The Mavs are kind of a lost cause. They've never known real teamwork; they play exactly the same way they did when they first took the floor together.

The T-Wolves are the best team in the league right now, not by a lot, but they've definitely got that magic. And Ndudi Ebi is reaping the benefits of that. What better situation for a young rookie to be, to have old warriors rooting you on and supporting you from every side, yet the PT keeping you humble. It's definitely the right way to do it.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
after Joe Smith, its impresive what McHale does with that handicap.
Although its not as hard as its been rumored to be, building around a top tier HOF. But as we say, McHale deals with a handicap......... Of course Ebi is going to be good.

and Tanking is for "mutts":laugh:

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Showtyme</b>!

Minnesota is the best team in the league now. Why? Because although several of their key pieces are injured (Wallyworld, Kandiman, and Troy is just getting better now), they remain atop the league... and they are a Western team. That gives them every kind of cred.

I think that they DO play like a team. I also think that Garnett is the best player in the league, and still getting better. Now that he has some actual talent around him, he's showing people that it wasn't just about getting better players and taking a load off of him... it was about assembling a real team. Cassell, Sprewell, Garnett... they are all having stellar statistical years.

The former Bulls, Hoiberg and Hassell, are excellent for this team. They are gritty role players that will not be a liability on either end of the floor. The rest of the roster rounds out some very decent role players like Trent, Hudson, Mark Madsen, even Oliver Miller. They play as a serious team, and they are playing to win.

The Lakers won't be able to put it together like the T'Wolves, even when they come off of the IR. Kobe just isn't the same Kobe anymore, and Shaq is having a subpar year.

The Kings have an amazing team dynamic too... I see it coming down to Minny and Sac-town for the WC Finals.

The Spurs can match up well with anyone, but I think it's too much for them to handle.

The Mavs are kind of a lost cause. They've never known real teamwork; they play exactly the same way they did when they first took the floor together.

The T-Wolves are the best team in the league right now, not by a lot, but they've definitely got that magic. And Ndudi Ebi is reaping the benefits of that. What better situation for a young rookie to be, to have old warriors rooting you on and supporting you from every side, yet the PT keeping you humble. It's definitely the right way to do it.
Let it be known on another board, i predicted the lakers wouldnt just not make the finals, they wouldnt make the Western Conference Finals. needless to say, I was blasted for that. its too early to tell. But the Twolves and Kings is going to be a classic series to decide the west. San Antonio and Dallas are going to be around as well. And as of right now, the Lakers, gulp, might not make it too round 2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.