Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assumption beats UNH
Bentley beats Northeastern(Now CAA)
Merrmimack smacks BU(Merrimack is not good)

At least Vermont beat St. Mike's

·
Registered
402 Posts
hoop-it-up said:
Assumption beats UNH
Bentley beats Northeastern(Now CAA)
Merrmimack smacks BU(Merrimack is not good)

At least Vermont beat St. Mike's
Not sure where you get your info but BU beat Merrimack by something like 27 points. Held them to 2 points in the 4th qtr. From what I hear Wolffe mixed up his line up to see different combinations. Heard they did struggle some in the first 2 qtrs but buried them in the final 2 only allowing them a total of like 9 points. Also heard they beat Scared Heart by something like 18 points.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was told that Merrimack beat them the first 20 minutes and the second 20 minutes and BU buried them the last 10 minute segment.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hoop It Up,

The key word in all of those games is scrimmage. They are playing three twenty min periods, coaches are working on different lineups, new plays, defense etc. It this was a regular season game all of the AE teams win by at least 20pts.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
hoop-it-up said:
Was told that Merrimack beat them the first 20 minutes and the second 20 minutes and BU buried them the last 10 minute segment.
Definetly heard wrong... Also, UNH apparently Blew out assumption for the end of the game.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Hey, let's hope that St Rose gives Albany a trashing just for Hoop? Wouldnt that be nice? Sweet revenge?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, Assumption gave UNH all they could handle. Coach Herrion said that his kids gave up 15 lay ups. He was upset about that and during his practice last sunday when the coaches clinic was held there, he basically ripped on his kids, saying that they aren't athletic and don't know how to play defense.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Let's see if Herrion's kids have got the message when they play Merrimack tomorrow at 1:00pm in Durham. Anyone going?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
hoop-it-up said:
Assumption definitely beat UNH
Soup and Hoop-it-up aka the proffessor, you guys are obviously choosing to ignore BBalldog's post earlier:

"I had occasion to be at Assumption College for an event yesterday and I saw one of the Assumption players. To make conversation I congratulated him on the results of the UNH scrimmage and he looked at me like I had 3 heads. He said, yes, they played even for 2 periods, but that UNH blew them out in the 3rd period. His exact words were, "Trust me. We got blown out." Not sure if Herrion really thought his team lost, or what. Assumption scrimmages URI tomorrow, so those results may better help gague of how good UNH is.

I personally don't think these scrimmages (win or lose) really matter--most coaches just use them to work out kinks and see how different combinations work together. But just wanted to set the record straight (unless the kid was lying to me)."

and Prof. BU definetly beat Merrimack. I know two players for Merrimack. I can't really type what they said, to many profanities (they were joking around profanity-wise, but I still can't type it) but basically BU played down to their level for most of the game, and then Completally blew them out of the water when it counted...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts