Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions about the championship rockets back to back years

question 1. Was Vernon Maxwell on BOTH championship teams, or only the 94 team.

question 2. What was the starting lineup of the 1995 Rockets team... my guess is:

PG-Kenny Smith
SG-Maxwell (if he was on the 95 rocket team?!)
SF-Drexler
PF-Otis Thorpe
C-Hakeem

I'm not sure if this was it because then their bench would be Cassell, Horry, and Elie which seems pretty strong... if Maxwell wasn't on the club then I assume Drexler played SG and Horry played SF... can anyone give me a definit answer?? thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
He was part of the team during the season, but he wasnt on the playoff roster if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I think vernon maxwell got suspended that season because in a regular season game he punched a portland fan.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Maxwell played in the regular season of '95, but his personality really changed after the Drexler trade, and he was left off the playoff roster.

Also, remember the Rockets traded Otis Thorpe to get Drexler. The 95' championship starting lineup was:

PG: Kenny Smith
SG: Clyde Drexler
SF: Mario Elie (remember the Kiss of Death at Phoenix)
PF: Robert Horry
C: Hakeem

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot the Cat, your right I forgot that Thorpe was in the Drexler deal... thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The Cat</b>!
Maxwell played in the regular season of '95, but his personality really changed after the Drexler trade, and he was left off the playoff roster.

Also, remember the Rockets traded Otis Thorpe to get Drexler. The 95' championship starting lineup was:

PG: Kenny Smith
SG: Clyde Drexler
SF: Mario Elie (remember the Kiss of Death at Phoenix)
PF: Robert Horry
C: Hakeem
Are you sure that Kenny started over Cassel in 1995? I thought it was Sam Cassell but I am probably mistaken.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts