Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's this? Kirk Hinrich played 40 minutes Friday, made 9 of 18 shots, hit five 3-pointers, had 11 rebounds, handed out 5 assists but did not go to the free-throw line.

"He had a great game,'' Bulls coach Scott Skiles said. "The guy played 40 minutes of all-out basketball. You would be hard-pressed maybe to find another guy or two guys who played as hard tonight, and he got zero free throws. That is what sticks out for me. I have a hard time understanding that."

The Bulls shot only 9 free throws as a team, while Dallas had 21 attempts.

"I love him,'' Dallas coach Don Nelson said of Hinrich. "He's as close to Jeff Hornacek as you can get. He can play for me any time."

Hornacek is an interesting comparision. Can't say I agree but interesting anyways.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
It's funny the Dallas announcers were comparing him to a current Dallas player last night, Steve Nash.

I think they're wrong, Kirk plays better defense :)

·
Registered
892 Posts
Nash has a player option at the end of the season. There's talk he might like to play in Phoenix. Perhaps Nellie is sending a not too subtle message to Chicago that if they're interested in acquiring one of Dallas' big guns in trade, Hinrich needs to be part of the package.

BTW, this is the very first time I've evewr heard Nelson say something complimentary about anyone associated with the Chicago Bulls. There's a lot of guys out there who still resent the arrogance the organization exhibited during their glory years and you can put Nellie right at the top of that list.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Nelson should try to trade Nash for Kirk... I hope the Bulls don't make this error... Anyway I don't think Phoenix will try tro acquire Nash... They have Barbosa and maybe Vujanic that recently is playing like a monster

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!

"I love him,'' Dallas coach Don Nelson said of Hinrich. "He's as close to Jeff Hornacek as you can get. He can play for me any time."

Hornacek is an interesting comparision. Can't say I agree but interesting anyways.

Can you give me a link to that quote basghetti?
I can't seem to find it in the Chicago or Dallas papers.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
hinrich is quicker than Hornacek and plays better d. I still think kirk reminds me of a young Mo checks. Dribbles low to the ground, good 3 points shot, and plays great help D.

Skiles has to stop playing him 40 minutes a game or he will be gases by the all star break. I see JC was benched again. I have always pulled for him but i think paxson has had it and he is gone soon.

david

·
Registered
1,639 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
He got compared to Hornacek and Nash, because he's white

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
the most interesting thing is that Nellie called him the closest thing to jeff hornacek that he has seen. ironically horny was a 2, not the 1 that kirk is. Something tells me we might not see the best kirk can be til he is put into a more of a scoring role. Something to keep an eye on. Maybe JC is really the best complement for him inspite of all the complaining

·
Registered
201 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
the most interesting thing is that Nellie called him the closest thing to jeff hornacek that he has seen. ironically horny was a 2, not the 1 that kirk is. Something tells me we might not see the best kirk can be til he is put into a more of a scoring role. Something to keep an eye on. Maybe JC is really the best complement for him inspite of all the complaining
actually, his game reminds me more of eric snow or a young gary patyon. good D, awful on O. his shot is as streaky and inconsistent as they come. he will have 1 good game offensively, then follows it up with 3-4 straight awful shooting games. :upset:

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
For the Chicago Bulls, Hinrich is the closest thing to a pure PG that can play since before MJ arrived in town.

Or course, that is not saying too much. ;)

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>hoops</b>!

actually, his game reminds me more of eric snow or a young gary patyon. good D, awful on O. his shot is as streaky and inconsistent as they come. he will have 1 good game offensively, then follows it up with 3-4 straight awful shooting games. :upset:
Hinrich's offense is streaky, sure, but he is shooting 38% from behind the arc, which is very good, especially for a rookie. I don't think his offense is "awful" as much as it is inconsistent.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!

Hinrich's offense is streaky, sure, but he is shooting 38% from behind the arc, which is very good, especially for a rookie. I don't think his offense is "awful" as much as it is inconsistent.
and his 3ball % is much higher then that recently. However, his 2ball% seems to be dropping. If I can pick one weakness in Kirks game its finishing at the rim. But I still think if the Bulls can get more of a pass first PG to back him up and play with him occasionally (duhon comes to mind as a good second round pick), I think Kirkc could blow up

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

and his 3ball % is much higher then that recently. However, his 2ball% seems to be dropping. If I can pick one weakness in Kirks game its finishing at the rim. But I still think if the Bulls can get more of a pass first PG to back him up and play with him occasionally (duhon comes to mind as a good second round pick), I think Kirkc could blow up
Duhon a very nice pick at 2nd round.Kirk is not far from DD numbers in rookie season and he's getting used to the level of game.I'd like to see him shoot more 3 pointers,he passed 38% at 3 p land.If we trade JC for a true SG and get any kind of SF he'd be giving much more asists.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Jeff Horneceks Rookie numbers:
G GS m 2% 3% 1% or dr tr as st bk to pf pts
80 3 19.5 .454 .279 .777 .50 1.80 2.30 4.5 .88 .06 1.91 1.60 5.3

Kirks numbers:

G GS m 2% 3% 1% or dr tr as st bk to pf pts
39 29 34 .403 .382 .73 .60 2.50 3.10 5.8 1.1 .26 2.89 3.40 10.8

so who knows,he can turn out better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts