Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know all you nets fans already know this, but this is for the people who haven't had a chance to watch this guy develop into the stud he's going to be offensively.

As of right now, I would consider Nenad to be the 3rd best natural low post scorer in the league, behind Duncan and Shaq(yes, ahead of kg). There's really nothing that he can't do offensively. He almost never misses an open jumper. He can shoot in rythm or standing still(like duncan), he plays with his back to the basket, has great inside post fakes and just has a great feel for the ball. Not to mention that he passes out of double teams as well as any big man in the game today.

I believe that the reason for his offensive explosion and consistency the past 10-15 games is that Lawrence Frank has finally sent in enough tapes to the referee commish arguing over the ticky tack fouls called on Nenad. They are finally letting the boy play, and the whole league is now witnessing what he can do if he just gets a chance to stay on the floor for 80% of this games.

True, he has his weaknesses....rebounding/defense being one of them. But he at least is a relatively smart defender, knowing when to help on the weak side, etc.

Watching him play game in and game out, it's really hard for me to believe that this is only his 2nd year. He plays with such intelligence in the post, he reminds me of a certain someone named...Kevin Mchale, only with a better jumper.

I can't wait to see what he'll be able to do in 2-3 years.

·
Yes, please.
16,621 Posts
He seems to come up with a new post move every 3 or 4 games. He's extremely crafty near the basket. Once he gains some strength, he is going to be very scary. It really is hard to believe it's only his sophomore year.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
hE IS A VERY SCARY SCORER! It is evident that he has worked all season on the jump shot. I mean they almost always go in. He has developed passing skills, rebounding skills, and he even blocks a few shots now and then. For him to become an all star and a top 5 center, he will need to work on his jumping ability. IF he is not in foul trouble, nenad can play 30+ minutes. I want to see him get to 40+ on certain occasions and i want him to increase his jump. He dunks more often, but he certainly can use a little more inches on his vert. If he can learn how to spring up like some of the centers, he will be top 5 no doubt.

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
He still needs to do a better job passing out of double-teams, but he's rapidly improving.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
hugeeug said:
As of right now, I would consider Nenad to be the 3rd best natural low post scorer in the league, behind Duncan and Shaq(yes, ahead of kg).
YAO MING???

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
27,987 Posts
I know all you nets fans already know this, but this is for the people who haven't had a chance to watch this guy develop into the stud he's going to be offensively.

As of right now, I would consider Nenad to be the 3rd best natural low post scorer in the league, behind Duncan and Shaq(yes, ahead of kg). There's really nothing that he can't do offensively. He almost never misses an open jumper. He can shoot in rythm or standing still(like duncan), he plays with his back to the basket, has great inside post fakes and just has a great feel for the ball. Not to mention that he passes out of double teams as well as any big man in the game today.

I believe that the reason for his offensive explosion and consistency the past 10-15 games is that Lawrence Frank has finally sent in enough tapes to the referee commish arguing over the ticky tack fouls called on Nenad. They are finally letting the boy play, and the whole league is now witnessing what he can do if he just gets a chance to stay on the floor for 80% of this games.

True, he has his weaknesses....rebounding/defense being one of them. But he at least is a relatively smart defender, knowing when to help on the weak side, etc.

Watching him play game in and game out, it's really hard for me to believe that this is only his 2nd year. He plays with such intelligence in the post, he reminds me of a certain someone named...Kevin Mchale, only with a better jumper.

I can't wait to see what he'll be able to do in 2-3 years.
It's a good thing you'll be able to check out Pau Gasol in the next couple days, Net fan. Krstic is certainly above average, but to annoint him Top 3 above guys like Garnett and Gasol and Yao...and even non-big men like Carmelo Anthony...even guys like Eddy Curry...and then compare him to a guy who had possibly the greatest post moves ever (with a jumpshot)...is a tad over-the-top.

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
Comical.

Nenad Krstic could be put into the same group with Eddy Curry, Chris Kaman, Andrew Bogut as far as low post scorers.

Players like Shaquille O'Neal, Yao Ming, Tim Duncan and Pau Gasol are on another planet from those guys.
Agreed. Those four are clearly in the top tier.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
If nenad averaged the amount of touches that Gasol and Yao get, if you factor aside the rebounds/blocking ability (I'm talking specifically about scoring), nenad is and will be as good or better than both of them. Nenad averages almost 10 minutes less than gasol/brand/bosh/, 5 mins less than duncan/yao, not to mention that because of foul trouble, he's the been the 3rd/4th scoring option on his own team for most of the season (until the last 15 games or so). Place him on a team where he's the man, and gets a good amount of touches, not to mention a good amount of plays run for him, there's no question in my mind that he'll average as much or more points than all of the above mentioned players.

Name me the big men in this league that have Krstic's combination of low post moves, along with an incredibly consistent jumper? Eddy Curry, Kaman, Gasol even? Don't think so. Bosh would be my answer, but again, bosh isn't a true back to the basket player(like krstic), and averages a good amount of touches more than krstic.

Try to understand that I'm not annointing him the best overall player, but rather a more complete scorer. Kaman can only shoot up close, and relies a lot on his strength to score inside. Nenad has a very limited amount of strength and almost no jumping ability, yet the ways he's able to put the ball in the basket is incredible. Say what you want about him, and I know its a bold statement, I guarantee that when he he reaches their respective ages, he'll be a more complete and efficient scorer.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,792 Posts
Aurelino said:
Agreed. Those four are clearly in the top tier.
That's just among centers, and I forgot Ilgauskas who is undoubtedly a better post scorer than Krstic. But I didn't realize he said post scorers period, I thought he meant centers only for some reason.You'd have to include Brand, Garnett, Bosh, Boozer, Randolph and O'Neal (Jermaine) in addition to Duncan, Yao, Shaq, Gasol and Ilgauskas. These guys are clearly better interior scorers.

Which is to say that Nenad Krstic is a good low post scorer, which is rare in this league, but not that rare. Let's not get carried away. He is in the same class with players like Curry and Kaman, like I mentioned.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
27,987 Posts
hugeeug said:
If nenad averaged the amount of touches that Gasol and Yao get, if you factor aside the rebounds/blocking ability (I'm talking specifically about scoring), nenad is and will be as good or better than both of them. KG is a complete player, but he seems like he's more comfortable the farther he is away from the basket, while nenad has countless post moves to fake out defenders and get that ball in the basket.

Jermaine O'Neal is debatle, and eltan brand isn't a true back to the basket player...and I say again, if you give Nenad the amount of touches brand gets per game, by next year I guarantee he would average as much or more points. Let me ask you something...who would you rather take an open jumper, Nenad or Jermaine? If you say Jermaine than you obviously haven't watched krstic at all this year.
If you give Nenad Krstic every single touch on every single possession for every game, I'll bet he averages 35 ppg.

I'll bet your team sucks the high, hard one, too.

The Los Angeles Clippers and Memphis Grizzlies are winning basketball teams because superstars like Elton Brand and Pau Gasol get a lot of touches. (And even then, Brand doesn't get many plays run for him, and Gasol gets frozen out at times by Grizz guard's inability to make plays or distribute.) The New Jersey Nets are a winning basketball team because their superstars dominate the touches and Nenad serves his role well as a fourth wheel.

Put Krstic in a go-to guy role any time in the near future, and watch the losses pile up.

·
Banned
22,910 Posts
Nenad is probably a lot better them some people know, and he's only going to get better with time...but I wouldn't say he's one of the best low post scorers at this point. He's got some really nice moves around the hoop and he might be at that level someday, but not now.

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
hugeeug said:
If nenad averaged the amount of touches that Gasol and Yao get, if you factor aside the rebounds/blocking ability (I'm talking specifically about scoring), nenad is and will be as good or better than both of them. KG is a complete player, but he seems like he's more comfortable the farther he is away from the basket, while nenad has countless post moves to fake out defenders and get that ball in the basket.

Jermaine O'Neal is debatle, and eltan brand isn't a true back to the basket player...and I say again, if you give Nenad the amount of touches brand gets per game, by next year I guarantee he would average as much or more points. Let me ask you something...who would you rather take an open jumper, Nenad or Jermaine? If you say Jermaine than you obviously haven't watched krstic at all this year.

Try to understand that I'm not annointing him the best overall player, but rather a more complete scorer. Kaman can only shoot up close, and relies a lot on his strength to get defenders out of the way. Nenad has a very, very limited amount of strength and almost no jumping ability, yet the ways he's able to put the ball in the basket is incredible. Say what you want about him, and I know its a bold statement, I guarantee that when he reaches all their respective ages (yao, brand, gasol), he will be a more efficient scorer.
Let's not go crazy here. Yao, Gasol, Brand, Jermaine, KG etc. are proven scorers in the post. Krstic is only beginning to show what he can do. He still has a long way to go.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The Nets beat the Suns last night... now Nenad is one of the best low post scorers in the league, Kidd is the best pg in the league (even though the Nets wont make it past the first round), VC is an MVP candidate, and RJ is the next Georve Gervin. Come on now Nets fans. Come on. Yeah, u guys are on a nice winning streak, but it will end and u guys can go back into ur shells.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
hugeeug said:
I believe that the reason for his offensive explosion and consistency the past 10-15 games...
Krstic has averaged 16 points on 50% shooting in March. In a world where that is considered an offensive explosion, you could probably rationalize that will be a great low post scorer.

He plays with such intelligence in the post, he reminds me of a certain someone named...Kevin Mchale, only with a better jumper.
Of course.

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
Hairy Midget said:
Please do not generalize and/or bait entire fan-bases. - Premier
Look at the thread again. Not one person agrees with the thread starter.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Kid's only 22 right now, let him develop his game more and he will be talked in the same league of the D.Howard's , Bosh's etc. Difference right now is Nenad is playing 4th fiddle while putting up good numbers for a competitive team while those guys are leading their team right to the lottery.

His the second best player from last year's draft and probably no one except Net's fans know it.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.