Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nene is scheduled to come off of the IL and be available on Sunday against the Bucks. Good thing Pope scored another basket before he ends up with a mystery groin injury.

Also, Kenyon stated that his knee felt good.

RMN said:
"I was able to jump without pain, so that was huge."

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Follow report on Nene from the RMN

"I don't sleep (Saturday) night," Nene said after Denver's morning shootaround. "I think about the game. I put in my mind what I going to do."

Considering Nene was wearing a brace the size of Delaware and playing for the first time in five weeks, he fared pretty well. He scored six points on 3-for-4 shooting and blocked one shot in 7 minutes. Nene did not play in the second half of Denver's 114-103 victory because coach George Karl relied on starting power forward Kenyon Martin.

"Nene, I thought, played well offensively, but defensively, we got a little soft and out of control," Karl said.

Nene said he felt some pain in the knee while scoring on a jump hook late in the second quarter but added that he could have played in the second half, if needed.
Also a great quote from Pope about going on the IL

As for Pope, the only complaint he had was the description of his injury. A crowd favorite at the Pepsi Center, Pope has scored two points in each of past two games, prompting the media to crowd around his locker.

"The best they could do was a hamstring?" Pope said. "I was pushing for a strained mandible because of all the talking I've been doing."

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a story from the Post

With Nene's return, the Nuggets have one of the deeper benches in the league. Denver's bench has averaged 46 points over the past seven games, including 40 in Sunday night's 114-103 victory against Milwaukee. The bench has averaged 51.7 points in the past three contests.

"They are definitely one of the deep ones," Milwaukee coach Terry Porter said. "San Antonio's bench is pretty deep. Memphis' bench is pretty deep. I think (the Nuggets) have to be up there."

Although the bench may be strong, Karl plans to go 10 deep in his playing rotation. "It's pretty deep," Karl said. "It's probably fortunate that we have only 18 (regular-season) games, because there is going to be some unhappiness in minutes. But we have to keep our eyes on the goal and keep our focus on that whoever gets selected is ready to play."
Also there is a note about Lenard in the article

Nuggets trainer Jim Gillen said Lenard is doing "real well" in his rehabilitation but is working on conditioning. There is no timetable for his return. Once Lenard is ready, Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe said he would have "no idea" who to put on the injured list to make room on the active roster.

Karl plans on giving Lenard an opportunity.

"I'm hoping we can get Vo in a situation where we can play him some," Karl said. "I don't know exactly where that is right now. He's still not an everyday practice player. He's kind of four days a week, two, three days off. I think if he wants to play and we're in a good position, we're going to give him an opportunity to play."

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A small blurb in the Post stated that Nene felt so good about his knee that he lifted weights just to get in some extra work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts